I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Power Door Lock wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mattk132 is an unknown quantity at this point
Power Door Lock wiring

Hey guys I have a wiring question. I have a 2004 honda civic lx. I bought the car salvage to find out that components of the wiring harness were missing. I have sorted through most of the issues but have a stubborn one. I want to get my power locks to work. I have done some research and it appears that a negative pulse is sent to the multiplex control unit through the switch with the white/blue and white/green wires. This pulse in turn sends the proper lock or unlock signals to the respective actuators. When I looked up where the wires from the switch go it says there is a grey connector above the drivers side kick panel. I have no such connector. If anyone has a pinout for the wires that are plugged directly into the under dash fuse/relay box so I can determine where these wires go it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 03-14-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Power Door Lock wiring

momentary ground pulse from door panel switch should cause MICU to activate locks
white/green is for unlock, ends at terminal Y10 in the MICU/fusebox (directly into MICU)
white/blue is for lock, ends at terminal Y12 in the MICU/fusebox (directly into MICU)
Y is a light green connector with 13 terminal holes

20 pin harness connector (C751) where the door harness connects to the dash harness, that connector would be nonexistent on a DX plain-Jane model, that may be why you don't have a connector there?

You sure this car is an LX?
LOL Does it have power windows that work or did you have to wire those up too?
Is the fusebox gonna be right for an LX car?
Does it have a MICU that can run power locks?
Got a VIN? Does the VIN plate on the dash match the VIN tag in the door jamb?
Do the door VIN stickers all match the other VIN tags?

Old 03-14-2016
Registered!!

The vin doesn't match the door jamb. It matches everywhere else. 1HGEM21154L025334 is the one on the dash. If its a dx is the lock pin in a different place? the lock actuators are on both doors. Thank you so much for helping
Old 03-14-2016
Registered!!

and yes I did have to wire up the windows myself. Fed the drivers side off the ignition and then connected the passenger side. Is there somewhere for a complete pinout of that underdash box?
Old 03-14-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The VIN you posted ---(the dash?) came out of a
2004 Civic
2 door coupe
DX Value Package
manual trans
black/black
49 state emissions

No wonder you have a ton of missing wiring. Damn salvage rebuilder hacks.

Has this car passed your DMV or secretary of state inspection with the wrong/mismatched VIN plates?
Maaaybe you should go there first... you may not want to invest any more into this until you know if this is legal 100%.

I know in my state those secretary of state guys go apesheeet over wrong or missing VIN plates. (Several years ago I caused someone some grief because I replaced a dashboard and forgot to move the VIN plate to the new dash.)
Old 03-14-2016

A DX did not come with power windows or power locks
Old 03-15-2016
Registered!!

I had it registered in CT. They had a quick simple emissions test and you were out the door. Now I'm having the vin checked tmrw in RI. Hope it turns out well. I never noticed the vins being different I'm so silly. Is there anyway to wire this up? Both latches have lock actuators that work. I tested them with a hot wire and ground. I could put them on a polarity reversing switch. Idk if there's another way out.
Old 03-15-2016
Registered!!

Also any and all information relating to pin locations on that fuse box would be awesomeeeeee.
Old 03-15-2016

pin locations on that fuse box
For your factory wiring you may need to locate a real factory wiring diagram book. Search this thread for the newer links (start at the last page), maybe someone posted a wiring manual in it
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...e-updated.html

I could put them on a polarity reversing switch.
You could skip the factory stuff completely and just wire up a pair of cheap SPDT relays the way we used to do with aftermarket alarms to run the power locks, you can find plenty of these diagrams at www.the12volt.com
Old 03-15-2016
Registered!!

Thanks a million!