I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Headlight question

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shaejb15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Headlight question

Hi Everyone,

I saw today that on my civic with my headlights on, one of the headlights had the turn signal light on as well, and the other one not? Is it supposed to be on when the headlights are on? Weird thing is that the bulb is not out... When I turn the signal on (right side), it works, I just don't see it on when I turn on the headlights.

Thanks, and also, the light between the turn signal and the headlight, does that have any function or are my bulbs just out??

2002 Civic coupe lx (2 door)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0407.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	87681  
Old 04-25-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Headlight question

It's a park light AND a turn signal.

Turn on the parking lights (no headlights), walk around the car again. That front one that doesn't work is probably burned out.

And the tiny clear ones should be on with the park lights too. Those are probably burned out as well.
Old 04-26-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
It's a park light AND a turn signal.

Turn on the parking lights (no headlights), walk around the car again. That front one that doesn't work is probably burned out.

And the tiny clear ones should be on with the park lights too. Those are probably burned out as well.

OK, Thanks but both my turn signal lights aren't burnt out, it seems like when I turn my headlights on only one stays on? Bulb almost out or what you think?

Last edited by shaejb15; 04-26-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 04-26-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shaejb15
OK, Thanks but both my turn signal lights aren't burnt out, it seems like when I turn my headlights on only one stays on? Bulb almost out or what you think?
The turn signals use a dual-filament 7443 bulb. The always-on filament has burned out but the turn signal one has not. I dare you to pull the bulb out and see!
Old 04-26-2015
Registered!!

I see now there's 2 bulbs! Thanks a lot!
Old 04-26-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shaejb15
I see now there's 2 bulbs! Thanks a lot!
Well yeah, there are two bulbs! Just making sure, but you meant you saw the two filaments, right? I'm talking about the turn signal (outermost) bulbs.

Here's a scientific picture I just made of one.

In each bulb, one of the little filaments that go across are probably snapped, i.e. burned out.
Old 04-26-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

The small clear park light uses a small single filament bulb, probably a #194 type bulb.

Turn signal and park are the two filaments of the bulb in the yellow lens.
Bulb #7443?
Old 04-26-2015
Registered!!

Ya, I'm planning on just replacing the bulb that is burnt out (filament looks broken)

thanks for your help!