I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Aftermarket Bluetooth Setup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
weifert is an unknown quantity at this point
Aftermarket Bluetooth Setup?

Hi All,

So, I've been thinking about upgrading my in-car entertainment. Still rocking the original CD/Radio setup for seven years.

I'd like to get something that also had an Aux. port for the phone, and perhaps some app functionality.

Two questions - 1) Do you have any suggestions for a reasonably priced setup that meet those criteria? 2) Are there systems that include bluetooth that would allow me to use the phone hands-free?
Old 12-15-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Aftermarket Bluetooth Setup?

If you want to keep your OE unit check out PAC audio. They make adapter kits for auxiliary and Bluetooth.
Old 12-15-2014
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

I just grabbed one of these off Amazon for $100. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ers/MVH-X560BT

It has an AUX headphone jack on the back and comes with the cable. Also has a USB extension cable so you can plug in a thumb drive or iPod.

Also has BT for streaming Pandora and stuff as well as phone calls. It has a mic that you can clip on the visor or glue to the dash and then you hear it through the car speakers.

I have another one of their CD receiver models from last year that has a fancier display. Has all the same features as this unit, just also has a CD player.

But this with a dash kit and wiring harness and you'll be up and running. The install is pretty easy.
Old 12-16-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robbieb993 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weifert
Hi All,

So, I've been thinking about upgrading my in-car entertainment. Still rocking the original CD/Radio setup for seven years.

I'd like to get something that also had an Aux. port for the phone, and perhaps some app functionality.

Two questions - 1) Do you have any suggestions for a reasonably priced setup that meet those criteria? 2) Are there systems that include bluetooth that would allow me to use the phone hands-free?

I think price wise you'd be looking around $100-150 for a decent unit with Bluetooth. Most of the new ones would come with all that you just have to read the specs for any deck you're looking at getting. The next thing that you'd need to consider is the installation. I ended up paying to get mine done because it was a lot bigger project than I thought it would be. For the deck just shop around and wait for something to go on sale. You're also going to want to make sure you get the harness and all the wiring crap to go along.