I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

01 civic dx a.c. problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 01 civic dx a.c. problem

Oooh that's new to me! Thanks for the info, now I hope I can remember it later.

So now I started looking.... I can't find any reference to this issue stopping the indicator light from working.
Also, stupid me didn't think about trying to retrieve fault codes from the HVAC unit either. Duh, sorry. That would have been more gooder.
(the mcu is showing other problems like the interior light so theres more than one reason for replacement)
I think I asked earlier if the car had other odd electrical issues but you didn't answer that. At least it should solve the light issues now?

still the issue of: why doesnt the the interior lights that come on with the parking lights not work in the center console?
Probably some individual light bulbs burned out.
Old 10-30-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
psychotropic28 will become famous soon enoughpsychotropic28 will become famous soon enough

the consol bulbs. well funny thing is i took the guage cluster out looking at the red and red w black strip wires that power the lights in everything it seems and i put the new mcu in (not that that made them work...) but i think it was a loose conection at the guage cluster cuz they seem to work fine now. weird..
didnt know there was a test you could do on the hvac unit. id like to know how to do that anyway, was/is there other discussions in this forum on that topic?

thnx again for all your help..
Old 10-30-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

didnt know there was a test you could do on the hvac unit
There is, I'm just so scatterbrained sometimes (or tunnel vision) I forget about it.

id like to know how to do that anyway,
Key OFF
Fan switch OFF
Push and hold recirculate and rear defrost buttons,
turn ignition to ON (II) then release both buttons

Recirc and defrost lights come on,
recirc goes out after 2 sec,
ac light comes on
self test begins
10 sec later, finish and AC light goes out

If codes present, ac light blinks the code number
If OK the recirc light stays off