I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Dash Kit for EX Fitment Issues

Old 09-18-2014
Registered!!

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Erf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of light
Dash Kit for EX Fitment Issues

Hey guys, about two months ago I replaced the Double Din OEM Radio that comes with the Special Edition EM2s with a Pioneer-AVHX1500DVD double din radio using the OEM cage and an aftermarket dash kit.

Here is my situation.

1)Tried installing an American Industrial Dash Kit the guy at the local car audio place sold me, and it turned out the label said "Not for Special Edition models or something like that" I could see why, because the tabs would not match up.

Installed radio without a dash kit.

2)Read reviews on Amazon on the Scosche (however you spell it) and Metra Dash Kits, got the Metra Dash Kit for 01-05 Civics

Amazon Amazon

Now despite what the Amazon product page says "Not for Special Edition Models" I thought it would work because I have a regular EX Coupe that had the single DIN radio replaced with a Double Din, so I bought it and the tabs popped fine in place, but there was a 1-2mm gap and the tabs were subtle to movement and popped out of place. Maybe there is not solution to this.

3) Installed Metra Dash Kit, , and it does not even look flush!

I have seen people on these forums with great dash kits, and even despite people complaining about the color of the dash kit not matching the console (I could care less) I just want something that will flush mount.

I had to use a hot glue gun to mount the Metra Dash Kit to the console frame because the four tabs on the dash kit would pop out with the slightest movement. Maybe my Civic model uses a different model?

My Civic is not special edition it is EX. The previous owner had installed a double din OEM radio into it, with the double din metal mounting cage.

All I ask is does anyone know the solution to flush mounting a dash kit onto EX Civics? Has anyone ran into the same problem as me?

Right now, my head unit has the Metra Dash kit installed, but the problem is the dash kit had to be hot glued and despite being firmly in place, there's about 1mm to 2mm between the dash kit and console face, and it looks ugly.

Help.
Old 09-20-2014
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about
Re: Dash Kit for EX Fitment Issues

do you have a pic? i have the following kit, i think.

Amazon.com : Metra 99-7899 Dash Kit For Honda Civic 01-05 : Vehicle Receiver Universal Mounting Kits : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Metra 99-7899 Dash Kit For Honda Civic 01-05 : Vehicle Receiver Universal Mounting Kits : Car Electronics

and it seems to fit fine in my EX.

Name:  dash.jpeg
Views: 1573
Size:  106.3 KB
Old 09-23-2014
Registered!!

Erf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of lightErf_Em2 is a glorious beacon of light

This is the one I bought!!! Metra 95-7899 Double DIN Installation Kit for 2001-2005 Honda Civic Vehicles Excluding SE
Follow link 1 to see the one thats in my car

1.)
Amazon.com : Metra 95-7899 Double DIN Installation Kit for 2001-2005 Honda Civic Vehicles Excluding SE : Vehicle Receiver Universal Mounting Kits : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Metra 95-7899 Double DIN Installation Kit for 2001-2005 Honda Civic Vehicles Excluding SE : Vehicle Receiver Universal Mounting Kits : Car Electronics

*Picture coming soon of it in my car*

Then there is a Scosche Dash Kit for 2001 - 2005 Honda Civic Double Din

2.)
Amazon.com : Scosche Dash Kit for 2001 - 2005 Honda Civic Double Din : Vehicle Receiver Universal Mounting Kits : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Scosche Dash Kit for 2001 - 2005 Honda Civic Double Din : Vehicle Receiver Universal Mounting Kits : Car Electronics

My head-unit is a Pioneer AVH-x1500DVD 6.1"

See how yours is flush and fit? Mine sticks out by 2-3mm and it sucks despite filling gaps.

Last edited by Erf_Em2; 09-23-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-30-2014
Registered!!

Photos of install

Here is the Metra Dash kit I currently have. notice the unflush fitment. Only from the front it looks flush. -_-
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9769.JPG
Views:	257
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	87108   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9770.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	87109   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9771.JPG
Views:	237
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	87110   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9772.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	87111  
Old 10-05-2014
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
drhawkinz has a spectacular aura aboutdrhawkinz has a spectacular aura about

have you tried using different mounting holes to see if it fits any different?

Name:  screws.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  28.7 KB

they make this special bracket to fit some cars but I can't find a list of what cars it fits. But I would drill some extra holes in the mounting bracket until you get the fitment right. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ents/ADT-VA133
Old 10-07-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by drhawkinz
have you tried using different mounting holes to see if it fits any different?

they make this special bracket to fit some cars but I can't find a list of what cars it fits. But I would drill some extra holes in the mounting bracket until you get the fitment right. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ents/ADT-VA133
I have not tried that. Next week I plan on working on my car to give it a try. Will keep you updated