I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Two way 6.5 or components??!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Najitsu is an unknown quantity at this point
Two way 6.5 or components??!?

Replacing front speakers-should i replace just the door panels with 6.5 two ways or go ahead and replace with components -including the tweeters.

What do you guys think will sound better in the front of an ex coupe?
Old 08-22-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Two way 6.5 or components??!?

I think including the tweeters will be best. The more you can separate the different sounds the better.
Old 08-22-2014
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
I think including the tweeters will be best. The more you can separate the different sounds the better.
Would it be a good idea to replace the 6.5 inch door speakers with the two way speakers and then later down the road replace the tweeters in the sail panel?

OR

Will I have an issue with the tweeters being out of sync?

Nice rims by the way!
Old 08-23-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Najitsu
Nice rims by the way!
Thanks.

No issues with doing it that way. Do you have tweeters already?

With the addition of tweeters you don't need the 2-way in the door since the tweeters take care of the sound that a single speaker would be missing. Having a 2-way in the door and tweeters is more then you need. You would get better sound separation with singles in the doors and the tweeters up high.
Old 08-23-2014
Registered!!

Thanks.

With the addition of tweeters you don't need the 2-way in the door since the tweeters take care of the sound that a single speaker would be missing. Having a 2-way in the door and tweeters is more then you need. You would get better sound separation with singles in the doors and the tweeters up high.
Well I have an 02 civic Coupe EX model that has the stock components-tweeters in sail panel and the woofer in the doors.

You made a lot of sense, I will just get a new component system to replace the stock speakers and then later down the road invest into a 5 channel amp to power everything in the car.
Old 11-15-2014
Meh...

Hensinger2010 will become famous soon enough

Thanks.

x2
I have pioneer 2-way 6x5's, high pass crossovers and the stock tweeters, way too much and slight buzz in the tweets, components soon