I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Strange situation with lighting system

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
arvanlaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Strange situation with lighting system

Hey Ladies and Gents,

I have an interesting situation going on with my lighting system that I am baffled with. Here is whats going on...

Since I have had my car, there has been a buzzing in the glove compartment when I have my DRL running. I haven't had time to fix it so I just have turned on my headlights when I drive. I put in brand new Philips CrystalVision Ultra Headlights a few months ago. Two days ago, the right headlight went out and I attributed that to a bulb burning out early. However last night, the other one went out as I was about to drive home. I really don't think its the bulbs both burning out in a matter of two days. Since the lights went out though, the buzzing noise is gone and I can run off DRL only now.

I know there are a few things that can be causing this:

1. The bulbs could have both burned out
2. The connecting wires could have become loose
3. A fuse could have blown
4. The connector points on the relay could need re-soldering

Is there anything else I am missing? I'd rather not buy new bulbs right now since I don't have the funds for it so I want to know of any other possibilities that may exist.
Old 04-19-2014
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Strange situation with lighting system

Buy standard bulbs for replacement, and likely you need the solder touched up on the DRL control unit.