I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Broken Alarm Fob... Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013
New Mod on the Block

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute
Broken Alarm Fob... Help!!!

Hey guys,

I've got an 03 EX with the stock alarm system in it. The alarm fob gave out, and not responding to the buttons at all. I replaced the battery, and still nothing... Pretty sure it's dead...

Good news is that I have a spare fob that I bought a little while back... Bad news is that I never got around to pairing the car with it...

So my question is, how do you disable the alarm with just the key and no fob? I've been in this exact situation a few years ago, and I unarmed the car by screwing around with the button under the steering column and turning the key in random positions. I could then pair the new fob. So I know that it is possible.

Does anyone know that exact combination of key turns and button presses it takes to unarm the factory alarm?
Old 07-03-2013
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough
Re: Broken Alarm Fob... Help!!!

Crap. I just did this like a year ago and it involved turning on, turning off in a certain sequence but there is no way I remember. I bought a fob from amazon and it came with instructions. If I were you I would:

a.) Look at fobs on ebay and see if the instructions are listed on the item's page

b.) contact an ebay or amazon seller for instructions

c.) Contact a dealer for instructions.
Old 07-03-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Alarm user manual: http://www.diyautoftw.com/images/dia...%20Prelude.pdf Also has a how to program remotes in it.

EDIT damn, wrong years. I KNOW I have poosted a link to the alarm manual here in the past, do some searching on this site.

Last edited by ezone; 07-03-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2013
Registered!!

got2run5 will become famous soon enoughgot2run5 will become famous soon enough

Found it on the 3rd ebay result I clicked on.
-------------------------------------------------
Programming the Transmitter
NOTES:
• The system accepts up to three transmitters. The transmitter codes are stored in a stacking-type memory. If a fourth transmitter code is programmed, the code for the first transmitter is erased.
• Entering the programming mode cancels all learned transmitter codes, so none of the previously programmed transmitters will work. You must reprogram all of the transmitters once you are in the programming mode.
• You must complete steps 1–6 within 4 seconds of the previous step to keep the system from exiting the programming mode.
1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
2. Press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on one of the transmitters. (An unprogrammed transmitter can be used for this step.)
3. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
4. Repeat steps 1, 2, and 3 two more times using the same transmitter used in step 2.
5. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
6. Press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on the same transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle to confirm that the system is in programming mode.
7. Within 10 seconds, press the “Lock” or “Unlock” button on each transmitter. Make sure the power door locks cycle after you press each transmitter button to confirm that the system accepted the
transmitter’s code.
8. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) to exit the programming mode.
Old 07-03-2013
New Mod on the Block

Rennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond reputeRennen has a reputation beyond repute

^would this work while the alarm is going off though? because the alarm is active now and it will go off when i open the door with my key...
Old 07-03-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If you have an alarm, and you say it is factory, it would have been a dealer accessory add-on system (if not aftermarket).

Here's links:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4632064

http://auto.manualsonline.com/manual.../20012005.html
Old 07-04-2013
New Mod on the Block

turns out I did register the spare key fob i had! also, the battery was just dead on the main fob. I had an extra battery from when I changed the battery last, and that must have gone bad as well. Popped in a new battery, and bam! good to go! Thanks for the help guys!