I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2001 Honda Civic EX: Need help identifying part

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bryanclauson is an unknown quantity at this point
2001 Honda Civic EX: Need help identifying part

Hey everyone, I need some help identifying this piece from my 2001 Honda Civic EX. I had to take out the radio and get the serial number so I could get my radio code from the dealer. (Bought the car about 2 months ago and did not come with manual). So I successfully took out the radio and got the code and everything works now, but I have a part that fell down after popping out the middle console out. I did not unscrew it and actually did not find it until I was completing the radio re-install. Like I said everything is working and no problems, but just want some peace of mind and thought some of you honda guru's could help me out.

Thanks in advance for all help and advice!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (13).jpg
Views:	88
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	84824   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (15).jpg
Views:	80
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	84825   Click image for larger version

Name:	PART 3.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	84826  
Old 03-11-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2001 Honda Civic EX: Need help identifying part

That is not from the car.

That looks like it's from the tip of a cig lighter accessory plug, such as a phone charger cord. That ring would secure the fuse into the tip of the plug.
Old 03-11-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bryanclauson is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks ezone, I think your right. Kinda strange that it was behind the the plastic molding in the center console, I guess it must have fell through the lighter plug.
Old 03-11-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Wow! You figured out how to retrieve your radio code without making a "how do I get my radio code" thread!

I think ezone is right. That's what it looks like to me also.