I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

My Front Desk Meters are going off and on - malfunctioning meters

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
myzahoor is an unknown quantity at this point
My Front Desk Meters are going off and on - malfunctioning meters

Hi there,
Please need your help here. I got Honda Civic 2004 and am having problem with my meters. all the meters like speedo meter, gasoline, temperature and exelerator meters are going off and on. some times they remain off for number of days, and all of a sudden start functioning. What could be the problem. i had the car electrician to check the fuses they are all ok.
what need to be checked.
thanks.
Old 01-14-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My Front Desk Meters are going off and on - malfunctioning meters

Are any of the warning lights also affected?
How about illumination lighting?
(Looking for more clues here.)

When they don't work, try banging your fist on top of the dash over the gauges. (Like smacking the side of an old TV set when it doesn't work right.)
See if that has any effect.

I would probably start with making sure the connectors for the gauge cluster are fully plugged in.

Then, with the engine running so the gauges should be operational, wiggle each connector while watching the gauges. See if that has any effect.

If both wiring connectors are plugged in and seated properly, it kinda sounds like the problem will be in the circuit board.