I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Radio code end all post

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light
Radio code end all post

EDIT by electric130: DO NOT PM HIM!!!!!
EDIT by Kennykid2002:
Originally Posted by Honda
Visit https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ to retrieve your code.
You will need:
Your 17 Digit VIN number
Your phone number and zip code when purchasing the vehicle
And your radio serial number
So I get a crap load of PM's asking for radio codes. I use to be able to give radio codes out like candy. However I have parted ways with Honda for now and no longer have access.
Hopefully someone will sticky this, end all radio code post.

ISSUE:

When your stock Honda radio/stereo begins to flash "CODE" this means you have lost power to your stereo for some reason. Honda has built an anti-theft security feature in to all stock stereos. If the stereo loses power for any reason it will activate the security feature, which locks the stereo completely. They assume if you have lost power someone might have stolen your stock radio. In an event to stop them from using this stolen stock radio an anti-theft security system has been installed. It's really just annoying, who wants a stock radio anyway?

THE CODE:

The only way to redeem this is to enter you RADIO CODE. This is a 5 Digit code using #1-5 radio presets to enter the code into the stock stereo. When you purchase a new Honda the code card comes with a new vehicle, usually in the glove box. Stock the code is on white card about the size of a business card. It clearly says ANTI-THEFT RADIO CODE. A white sticker about the size of your index finger is optionally put on the inside of your glovebox lid. My dealership always installed this sticker but some do not. This sticker if there has your radio code & serial number on it.

SERIAL NUMBER:

If you cannot find your ANTI-THEFT RADIO CODE CARD you will need the serial number off the affected stereo to obtain your radio code. There are two ways to obtain the serial number. The 1st option is to pull the damn stereo and physically get the serial # off the back of the radio. I believe it is 10-13 digits long(don't quote me on that, it's been awhile.) Option #2 is only available on some models. I believe 2005 & UP. You can hold radio preset #1 & #6 at the same time with the stereo off. While holding #1 radio presets, turn on the stereo. A very long string of numbers will appear on the display several times. This is your serial number, WRITE IT DOWN!

WHAT TO DO WITH THE SERIAL NUMBER:

Now that you have your serial number you need to contact a HONDA DEALERSHIP. Someone at Honda needs to simply go onto Honda's Online Dealer Site. They simply need to enter the serial number & viola a radio code! Takes literally 5-10 seconds!!!

DEALERSHIP:

Now this is the grey area. I always gave the code out when I worked at the dealership. I have heard some dealers want you to show proof of ownership and yada yada, very similar to what you'd have to do if you lost all your keys and wanted one cut from VIN only......well I always figured no one is going to steal a stock stereo. I mean it only fits in 1 vehicle and cannot easily be installed into another. Plus I never got in trouble from Honda for entering so many radio code requests in my name!

Hope that helps people understand the process and limits my PM intake
GOOD LUCK!

WHAT TO DO WITH THE CODE:

Simply turn the car on. If the radio does not turn itself on use the power button to turn it on. The radio should be flashing CODE at you. This is want you want. You can now use you #1-5 radio preset buttons on the stereo to enter the code. If for some reason you enter the code incorrectly several times the radio with lock up on you and you will not be able to enter anything. Even after cycling the key several times. At this point the stereo has gone into another security feature. You need to simply disconnect your NEG- cable on your battery to clear the memory of your stereo. I usually do this for 1-2 minutes. Reconnect the NEG- and retry to enter you code!

Last edited by Kennykid2002; 12-10-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-23-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
electric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond reputeelectric130 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Radio code end all post

you people need to read. he doesn't work for honda anymore and you have to go to the dealer yourself.