I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

car audio and video

Old 09-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shawnforeal is an unknown quantity at this point
car audio and video

So Ive had my fair share of audio systems in my 7th gen civic, from cheap stuff to some serious custom install work...Im in between systems right now and looking to do some more video with it. my friend is sponsored by a few great names in the business and has made over 40 show cars. so hes got the lowest pricing ive ever seen...currently he has a show truck that has won over 90 trophies and a seabring that has won over 700...so im gonna have him do my install.

i was just wondering what kind of systems some of you have.

ill be posting pics of mine when its done...im a little scared though cause this friend of mine wont stop till every inch of space has a speaker or amp or some form of equipment in it haha...i mean just check out his truck on
http://powers-motor-sports.com/MEDIA/MEDIA.html.

he even sells some great products on there, if your looking for something good priced and quality, that i can personally tell you ROCK! I have the ELF cast subwoofers in my car now and the ACT double din headunit...i cant believe that sound im getting out of this car haha...lets see what he can do with it from here
Old 09-02-2009
Registered!!

BIG RICH will become famous soon enough
Re: car audio and video

i dont mean to be an ***....but that install looks terrible in his truck. there is so much more work that could be done with fiberglass to help the interior look less "boxy"

here are some pics of mine.....

heres a link to the rest.....
http://xclusive-images.com/images/pa..._off_right.htm
Old 09-02-2009
Registered!!

LOL!!!

looks like you need a little less fiberglass...or maybe you were going for the smooth rounded look, as he was going for suede sharp edge look.

and i dont mean to be an ***, but its a dB drag and a bass race truck. his seabring is even more so, 38 interior speakers hitting at over 143dB and is still a daily driver, no wall dB drag car...yours is obviously all show. preferences here budy.
Old 09-02-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by shawnforeal
LOL!!!

looks like you need a little less fiberglass...or maybe you were going for the smooth rounded look, as he was going for suede sharp edge look.

and i dont mean to be an ***, but its a dB drag and a bass race truck. his seabring is even more so, 38 interior speakers hitting at over 143dB and is still a daily driver, no wall dB drag car...yours is obviously all show. preferences here budy.
wow dude....less fiberglass? you were speaking of your friend being sponsored, right....have you ever been to sema or ces? all major audio manufacturers build full fiberglass cars. his interior looks like it was done in stages...one stage not quite agreeing with the stage done before it. it looks like the whole thing could be built in a week....mine took a few months. if all his truck and car are for is sound competition they dont need looks....if they are show vehicles as you stated earlier then the interior is terrible.

trophies are not the best judge of a quality built vehicle....i can buy thousands of trophies if i want to.

my preference is quality craftsmanship.....and a big square hanging out in the middle of nowhere doesnt fit that bill...

ps: its all just opinion....you dont like mine and i will get over it...not everyone is going to see things the same.
Old 09-02-2009
Registered!!

vsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond repute

A little off-topic but every time I see pictures of BIG RICH's dash, all I can think is "Yo dawg, we heard you like video, so we put monitors in your monitors so you can watch while you watch!"

But seriously, I have to side with you. What's up with that random big box in the middle of that truck?
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

if u pay attention to all the picks its on a retractable motor that pulls the monitor back into the back...and on either side of this "giant box" are 32 channel EQs and then a the sound runs through a micro sampling audio control program. its the ultimate surround sound
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

vsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond repute

"the ultimate surround sound" does not consist of 99% of the speakers being places behind the listener.

And the sub right between the seats? It has zero time to reverberate and it's going to sound loud and obnoxious. I'm sorry but that's far from the ultimate surround sound.

Last edited by vsTerminus; 09-03-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

Whoops double post.

Last edited by vsTerminus; 09-03-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 09-04-2009
Registered!!

gearheads dnt know anything about sound. micro processed...ever heard of it...all the speakers have perfect delays set and tuned for the perfect sound from the driver seat. and there are the same amount of speakers and tweaters in front of the driver as there is behind minus the subs...the subs in the middle is because the owner wanted an arm rest haha...that might be the only thing i can agree with...a little much but amusing. u might feel this way or just not believe it could sound good cause uve never heard anything ran through 2 32 channel eqs and then processed...but thats ok.
Old 09-05-2009
Registered!!

you shouldnt post a thread like this and not be able to accept criticism....

lmao at your last sentence in your last post. i have been in this business and participating in shows since 1991....when were you born?