I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

02 ex cluster to 03-05 cluster question

Old 02-04-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apollyon02ex is an unknown quantity at this point
02 ex cluster to 03-05 cluster question

First off, i did a lot of searching before coming to making a new thread regarding this.

Questions-

does 03, 04 and 05 clusters fit 02 civics? (answer found by search, yes just have to rewire/change pins)

Does it matter if i use an ex or lx cluster? (answr found by search, seems the only thing that will change is not having an abs light if you go to lx)

question i couldnt find an answer for is Airbags. If i get a gauge cluster from a car w/o airbags does that matter? Will my airbags still deploy? if my airbags malfunction, aka an srs light dealing with an issue with the air bags will the error be displayed?

also. If i use the automatic cluster in my manual what will be effected? RPM meter still work fine? any conflitions with using auto with manual? (asides having a gay *** gear indicators)

thanks for your answers and your time! i tried to search for these answers.
Old 02-04-2009
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 02 ex cluster to 03-05 cluster question

to confirm your questons

yes it will fit. no mods nessary other than re-wiring.

LX or EX will work in eather car. if EX cluster in LX then ground the ABS light to turn it off and if LX instaled in EX car then u wont have an ABS light period.

ALL clusters have the red SRS light. so as long as u hook it up right the SRS light wont be a problem. some clusters have a side-SRS off light and it's just an extra light. u can leave it disconected if u dont have side SRS. or if u have an EX u can use it for a VTEC light lol.

Yes automatic in manual will work fine. just the PRND2 lights wont work.
Old 01-27-2010
Registered!!

sohjonn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DieMaster
to confirm your questons

yes it will fit. no mods nessary other than re-wiring.

LX or EX will work in eather car. if EX cluster in LX then ground the ABS light to turn it off and if LX instaled in EX car then u wont have an ABS light period.

ALL clusters have the red SRS light. so as long as u hook it up right the SRS light wont be a problem. some clusters have a side-SRS off light and it's just an extra light. u can leave it disconected if u dont have side SRS. or if u have an EX u can use it for a VTEC light lol.

Yes automatic in manual will work fine. just the PRND2 lights wont work.
sorry to ask this but could someone explain how to ground the ABS light. i'm contemplating of swapping out my 02 DX cluster with an 02 EX cluster.

thank you

Last edited by sohjonn; 01-27-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 01-27-2010
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^ if your going to swap, you should jump to the 03-05 led style clusters, they look wayyyy nicer. I got one for sale- although I deleted the pics.. here is what it looks like (pic via Rufus):

Old 01-27-2010
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^ if your going to swap, you should jump to the 03-05 led style clusters, they look wayyyy nicer. I got one for sale- although I deleted the pics.. here is what it looks like (pic via Rufus):

Old 05-12-2011
Registered!!

SKYNET_2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TRIZ

Hi, can you please give me the pin outs for this swap? i have a 2001 Honda civic Vtec with ABS and SRS automatic, i am going to swap it with a 2005 civic LED cluster with automatic with ABS and SRS. One thing i realized from the 2005 cluster is that there is a small green color key indicates when you turn the ignition. But i do not have that in my 2001 cluster. If i am to do the swap, how can i accommodate that light? my thought about this was, if that is not needed in my 2001 civic, i can wire that to light my alarm LED near the door. Please share your thoughts on this. Please provide me with the cluster pinouts. would greatly appreciate that. Thank you
Old 05-12-2011
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

that key is your imobliser and your 2001 DOES have it. but the 201-2 clusters use a bulb so it's proably missing / burned out.

i did this swap a long time a go i'll try to find the drawing i made.
Old 05-12-2011
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

there is a huge thread about this swap already
Old 01-28-2012
Registered!!

tonycleck99 is an unknown quantity at this point

read a post from DieMaster that says "if u have an EX u can use it for a VTEC light lol." My question is how can i use it as a vtec light? and what would it do? and how to make it light up? i got a 2002 Civic Ex sedan usa. and was thinking of getting one from an 05 Civic Ex. does 02 Civic Ex has a side-SRS? sorry if post already been done.