I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

06 Civic LX horn confirmation/anti-theft system

Old 03-17-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bestbuds is an unknown quantity at this point
06 Civic LX horn confirmation/anti-theft system

Hi All! We just bought a used 06 Civic LX recently and I noticed that although the door locks work, it won't give out horn confirmation after I pressed the key fob twice within 5 seconds (per the manual's instruction). This makes it hard to know for sure if the doors are actually locked especially in broad daylight when it's harder to see the lights blink.

This also made me think if it has factory anti-theft system installed AND working. I know the panic button works but I read somewhere that, that doesn't mean the car has anti-theft system. Although in the dash, right under the audio system *****, there's a light blinking labeled "anti-theft" - is there a way to test this?

I'm new in this forum so pardon me if I ask seemingly stupid questions... Thanks for all the help!
Old 03-17-2008
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 06 Civic LX horn confirmation/anti-theft system

Look at the stickers on the front windows near the lock *****. You can tell by the picture if has factory alarm or just immobilizer system.

The flashing light is the anti-theft for the audio system, the alarm has a separate LED.

Not sure about horn sounding (my 05 sounds when pressed twice and does not have an alarm)
Old 03-18-2008
Registered!!

DieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of lightDieMaster is a glorious beacon of light

on the 7th gens 01-05 the horn will sound if alarm is trigured. and beet when lock is pressed twice.
Old 03-18-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CraigW
Look at the stickers on the front windows near the lock *****. You can tell by the picture if has factory alarm or just immobilizer system.

The flashing light is the anti-theft for the audio system, the alarm has a separate LED.

Not sure about horn sounding (my 05 sounds when pressed twice and does not have an alarm)

Thanks for the info; I'll double check what does the sticker say on the window (wife drives the car)... As for the separate LED for the alarm, where is it normally located? The manual shows it's on the panel, on the left side of the speedometer (see attached pic), but I don't think I've seen that in our civic. Is there a way to test the alarm (like trigger it or something)?

As for the horn confirmation, I'm wondering if there's a fuse or switch I can check. Does the fact that we bought this car as "rebuilt" have anything to do with it not working anymore?

(By the way, my '99 Accord sounds when I pressed the fob twice and I always thought it has an alarm...) Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	civicpanel.JPG
Views:	436
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	73882  
Old 03-18-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CraigW

I've checked the window sticker and it says "Security System and Immobilizer Anti-theft System". Does it mean it has alarm? How can I check if it's working? Thanks a lot for your help!
Old 03-18-2008
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

My only experience with 8th gen is one that is parked near my work. Her horn sounds when she locks it (not sure if pushed once or twice)

From what I can see she has factory alarm (from what you are saying I think you do as well) The alarm LED is somewhere in the lower cluster on drivers side. It must be an LX (no sunroof)