I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Wife's Accord radio lights quit working

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
Wife's Accord radio lights quit working

This weekend I made it through the ordeal of removing my rear deck to replace a blown speaker. I would rather change everyone on this forums oil than ever have to do that again.

But the radio lights on my wife's 04 Accord quit working too. I checked all of the fuses under the hood and under the steering wheel, and all looked good. I literally pulled each one and visually checked them. Lots of fun! So is there an inline fuse for the radio that I should look for? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

05reverb is an unknown quantity at this point
check the illumination wire for power when the headlights are on. the way your saying it, i'm thinking your wife has a factory headunit? if so, there should be a wire (not sure what colour) behind the HU with power on when the headlights are on. if it's an aftermarket HU, the wire would be orange.
Old 11-13-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
agreed illumination wire! (usully there orange)

good luck to you bob!
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

christmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of lightchristmaspie is a glorious beacon of light
If it's a factory deck, red/black is positive dimmer and red is negative dimmer. Should give you 12V when parking lights or headlights are on.
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

Eman is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey bobsagator...here is what you might need....
Attached Files
Old 11-13-2006
Registered!!

bobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of lightbobsagator is a glorious beacon of light
Well, great! Her warranty was up about 5000 miles ago. Looks like we get to see how nice the dealership is in Knoxville. Wish me luck.
Old 11-21-2006
Racism sucks, just like your Mom...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Scott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of lightScott Civic is a glorious beacon of light
Bump, 'cause I'm wondering how the thing with the Stealership went...
Old 11-22-2006
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...splay.php?f=69

^go on the 7th gen accord forum.......

its the best accord forum out there =]
Old 11-22-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Scott Civic
Bump, 'cause I'm wondering how the thing with the Stealership went...
Haven't been yet. Too busy buying land to start building a house. It's the wife's car and the radio only tells her what time it is and which Little People song is playing on the CD. So no big rush. Probably swing by a dealership this long weekend to see if there is hope for goodwill consideration.