I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Alarm codes off???

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
baggedblue02 will become famous soon enoughbaggedblue02 will become famous soon enough
Alarm codes off???

I've got a buddy with a 95 civic and his battery went dead. Now the alarm remote won't match the codes to the brain. He said he already made sure to check the battery in the remote. I remember reading about a way to fix this but I've searched and decided maybe it wasn't on this site. Is there a way to reset the codes?
Old 08-08-2004
Roo
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roo is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, you need to reprogram the remotes (all of them).

Honda Keyless Entry Programming

The following are instructions on how to program your remote transmitters for keyless entry. This document provides details for programming a 2000 Honda Civic remote. The same procedure should work for all of the following:

1998 - 2002 Honda Accord
1999 - 2004 Honda Civic
1997 - 2004 Honda CRV
2003 - 2004 Honda Element
1999 - 2004 Honda Odyssey

These instructions may also be valid for other years and models.
This procedure clears the transmitter codes and creates new ones, so you must program all remotes at the same time, even if one or more is already working.

Enter the car, and close all doors.

Each of the following steps must be completed within five seconds of completing the previous step. If you take longer or make a mistake, start the entire procedure over again.

Insert the key into the ignition, and hold one remote in your left hand. Whenever the instructions say to press the LOCK button, you should press the lock button on the remote for about a second and then release it.

Perform each of the following three steps in order, then repeat all three steps two more times, for a total of three times each:

1) Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, marked II.
2) Press the LOCK button.
3) Turn the ignition switch to the ACCESSORY position, marked I.

Next, turn the ignition switch to the ON position (II) for a fourth time.

Press the LOCK button again. The door locks should now make a cycling sound, indicating that the system has entered Programming Mode.

Press the LOCK button one more time to program this remote. If you have other remotes to program, press the LOCK button on each one in turn. The door locks should make the cycling sound after you press LOCK on each remote. You may program up to three remotes, and they must all be programmed within ten seconds of each other.

Turn the ignition off and remove the key. The remotes are now programmed and may be tested.

If you've got a trunk/hatch release, hold the button for this function for a few seconds.