DIY in 2nd post, OP was asking questions 2013 Civic Si LED lighting tap

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TequilaBrad is an unknown quantity at this point
DIY in 2nd post, OP was asking questions 2013 Civic Si LED lighting tap

I want to put in some under-dash LED lighting, but I want it to turn on and off when the door is opened and closed. I don't feel the need for a separate switch, and I don't want to cut the harness anywhere, so I thought I would ask if someone knows a good place to tap into the harness.

Thanks

Brad

Last edited by sdaidoji; 07-06-2015 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-11-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Civic Si LED lighting tap

See if this is what you need

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/lighting/53769-diy-syncing-floorlight-dome-light.html

HTH
Old 01-12-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TequilaBrad is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2013 Civic Si LED lighting tap

Originally Posted by ezone
THAT WAS IT!!! They were discussing a non Nav car, but a small change for my Nav car, worked well. There were several options discussed, but what I did, was pull the panel around the hood release. There is a 20 pin plug back there, that, on MY car, has two pink wires, a baby blue wire, and another pink wire.
The blue is the positive, and the pink to the left of the baby blue is the negative. I have the cheap $2 (on Amazon) 24 LED, 9" long flexible, waterproof light. I just stripped the end of the wire about 1/2", and fed it down into the hole for the proper wire. I pushed the connector back into position, and all is perfect!!! On when the door is open, and fades when the interior lights go out.

Thank you!!!

Brad