Subs with Factory nav

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
beetlevegas is an unknown quantity at this point
Subs with Factory nav

I know there are DIYs on here already for puting systems in cars but i could not find one with a factory nav. So here it is. I Think i put the thread in the right area sorry if i didnt, Dont yell at me to much

Things you will need.
1. Wire cuts
2. Screw driver
3. 10mm and 14mm
4. Wire conector, OR you solder and heat tubing.( BEST WAY)
5. Electrical tape.
6. Wire loom

The way i did it was to run every thing before i connect to car and amp. For the power there is no real service hole to run though the fire wall, you got two ways to do it. 1 drill a hole or 2 there is a small hole on the left side by the fuse box under the dash. It runs to the finder.

You will need to lossen the finder liner and run it along the top to the engine bay.

Because of the way it comes out i used electrical tape and wire loom around the wire were it rubes on the opening. Always safer then sorry.
You will need to remove the plastic cover in the engine bay and run thought the hole in it. It will look cleaner.

Then i ran the wire with the remote wire along the driver side to the back of the car. I mounted the amp to the back of the fold down seat.
Because the Factroy nav DOSE NOT have RCAs on it i had to run a 4 channel amp. I ran the wires coming out of both rear speaks in to a RCA converter box that made the wires RCAs
If you dont use this, then because of the nav your amp will just turn off any time u put your volume high the 5.

Then to hook up the remote wire to the nav unit (THIS IS THE RUN PART)
to get the nav out you will need to remove the panels under and above the steering wheel and two bolts under the nav unit, For the bolts there is a some cover right under the nav. Sorry i did take a pic of that

I used the main live wire going in to the nav for two reasons. One it was the easyest and two the main reason, If you blow a fuse it will blow the one of two amp fuses and then If it still keeps going it will blow the radio fuse, You will a a easyer time finding the problem and you can save the nav unit from any damage.
DONT AND I MEAN DONT FORGET TO GET YOUR RADIO CODE DONT FORGET. You will need the numbers on the back of the unit and call the dealer unless you have them already. And you need to go in to a open eara to reset the nav unit with the GPS
Then just hook it all together and test.
Old 02-29-2012
Registered!!

OhNoItsFelix is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Subs with Factory nav

Hey I just got a EX-L with navi and looking to take the subs out of my old car and put them into the civic. If possible could you update the links to your pictures so I can install them? Thanks!
Old 05-23-2012
Registered!!

2009civic is an unknown quantity at this point

If anyone plans to have an aftermarket setup with the factory head unit, you need a line out converter(LOC). Though, it is not recommended bc they do not produce quality sound. Aftermarket head units are the better and recommended because they give the options of built in crossovers, higher pre out voltage, etc...
Old 10-03-2012
Registered!!

Sad dog is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey I want to install two tens and an amp in my 09 si factory head unit without nav, I know how to get it all apart, but what will I need for this install and how do I go about it...