Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here.

Tuning Options for 2015 SI

Old 09-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zedoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Tuning Options for 2015 SI

I'm looking for perfrmance tune like BAMA, Cobb or Livernois has for Mustangs. I don't see much on the market. There's a lot for Mustangs. What kind of tuning boxes are available for a 2015 Civic SI?

I don't want to change exhausts. I just want to do ECU mapping and maybe move the VTEC up a bit.
Old 09-11-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tuning Options for 2015 SI

Hondata Flash-Pro and VIT tune/VIT Viper

http://vittuned.com/

Hands down, top notch, best rep, totally legit, much forum love.

Thread: Bone stock 12 SI, before and after tune:
I hate to link to another forum but here ya go

There's a lot of power that can be found even on a stock engine.
Want to add a supercharger? No problem.
Turbo? No problem.

Search 'VIT' on that forum, you'll find tons of reading there.
Old 09-12-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Hondata Flash-Pro and VIT tune/VIT Viper

Hands down, top notch, best rep, totally legit, much forum love.

Thread: Bone stock 12 SI, before and after tune:
I hate to link to another forum but here ya go

Thank you. That is what I'm looking for. I looked it over but what is the difference between "Hondata Flash-Pro and VIT tune/VIT Viper"? Also, Can I get this done professionally near where (SE WI)I live or do I DIM?
Old 09-12-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

NOTE: I'm not a user of this, nor a tuner or speed freak (anymore). I just read a lot. MY car is bone stock.

VIT is the person that does the tuning.
ViperData is his datalogging program

eTuning is how this works long distance. You install, drive and it logs data as you drive, he makes the changes and sends them back to you.

What is ViperData?

ViperData is an advanced datalog review and analysis tool for datalogs recorded, saved or exported in “CSV” (comma separated values) format. Many aftermarket engine management tools or dataloggers record in this format. Unfortunately most do not have sophisticated, intuitive or easy to use datalog viewing and analysis tools. Many have resorted to using Excel to view these datalogs, and I have found that to be a very clunky and slow method to review datalogs. When searching for tools to fill this gap, I have not found an easy to use as well as sophisticated tool for the job. ViperData aims to not only to fill the gap, but add advanced capabilities — it is in continual development and more features are being added.

How Does This eTuning Thing Work?

eTuning is the process of creating a custom calibration (custom tune) for your vehicle based on vehicle datalogs. The process is very simple for you, but very in depth in the background (our end). You do the easy part -- drive the vehicle just like you normally would, we do the hard part -- make it run right! How is this done without a dyno? As vehicles have evolved so have their ECU's (engine computers) -- allowing for very in depth and detailed datalogs due to advanced engine sensors. We are able to take this data and interpret it to build a completely custom tailored tune for your vehicle and specific modifications.

What do I need to do?

Purchase an Hondata Ultimate Tune or a KTuner eTune. Supported vehicles are listed here. If you do not see your vehicle on the list, feel free to contact us -- we may still be able to help.

eTuning Services

Check out all the great premiere eTuning services offered! A VitViper (Vit Tune) Tune is simply hard to beat due to the high attention to detail given to every tune that crosses my path. This isn't just a throw the car on the rollers and do some WOT pulls then send you on the way home -- attention to every detail in the calibration is given to make sure your car runs perfect and both YOU and I are happy with the results.
Unlike similar services offered elsewhere -- you are NOT getting a "basemap" with just some simple fuel adjustments (very common elsewhere). We offer CUSTOM mapping to suit your vehicle and modifications. There are also no hidden costs to get a full custom map -- it's all included in the fixed price of the tune. Whether you are S/C, N/A or turbo -- you're getting a completely custom map for your vehicle, which includes (among other things):
  • Cam angle mapping (VTC) for both LOW cam and HIGH cam (VTEC and non-VTEC).
  • VTEC point mapping.
  • Fuel mapping for all applicable cam angle break points.
  • Ignition mapping for all applicable cam angle break points.
  • Knock analysis.
  • Boost control tuning (boost by gear, etc).
  • Adjusting rev limiters as necessary.

I know I said Hondata but he works with these:

I currently eTune on the following systems:
  • Hondata FlashPro (all supported vehicles)
  • Hondata KPro (including K swaps)
  • KTuner (all supported vehicles)
Don't see your configuration on the list? Contact me and I may still be able to help!

Please read:

http://vittuned.com/faq

http://vittuned.com/tuning-services.html

Old 09-12-2015
Registered!!

Fabalus!

Old 09-12-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

I would get it dyno tuned after installing any bolt on mods. Mail order tunes are never as good.
Old 09-12-2015

Thread on bone stock 15 SI before and after tune

http://www.9thgencivic.com/forum/vittuned/133777-bone-stock-2015-tuned.html