Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here.

2013 Honda Civic SI

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pho3nx is an unknown quantity at this point
2013 Honda Civic SI

*Warning I am new to all of this so if my stupidity offends you, I apologize."

I like my civic. I believe it is a fast car, but I want my civic to be the FASTEST car. When my civic rolls down the street, I want it to be the 2013 Honda Civic BOSS Si. I have a buddy who is really good with working on cars. How much time and money would it cost to add 100 horsepower to my civic considering no labor charge because my buddy will help me? Is it even reasonable to add that much power to my civic without completely ****ing up my car, which hasn't even been paid off yet? If it is possible, what would be the best way to go about modifying my civic?

For the record my civic is completely stock right now.
It has the 2.4 liter with 201 horsepower. I guess that's what you guys call the K24.
It is six speed and can max out at 135 or 145 mph without rev limiter.
Apparently it can do 0 to 60 in 6 seconds. I have never actually timed it, but if that is I would like it to be below 5 seconds 0 to 60 after I am done with it.

Last edited by pho3nx; 01-20-2014 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-27-2014
Registered!!

Nabboo is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2013 Honda Civic SI

I/H/E throttle body, injectors, cams, flashpro that alone wouldnt get you to 300, but it would atleast get you to ~230+ Whp. In all honesty to get to 300 hp without entirely modding every possible thing you need to go forced induction. From what I have read there is no turbo out for the 9th gens yet BUT they may have come out with one.. I'm pretty sure they have a supercharger out there for the 9th gen, which I know if put into a stock 8th gen puts it at 260 Whp, and supporting mods skyrocket that. idk look up the 9th gen forums do your research on the best mods etc. Don't forget to upgrade other things as well ie suspension, clutch, etc. they may not add horsepower, but they will defenetly make your car handle phenominally better, or make it hook better.
Old 06-09-2014
Registered!!

civicvtecvtec is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2013 Honda Civic SI

Originally Posted by Nabboo
I/H/E throttle body, injectors, cams, flashpro that alone wouldnt get you to 300, but it would atleast get you to ~230+ Whp. In all honesty to get to 300 hp without entirely modding every possible thing you need to go forced induction. From what I have read there is no turbo out for the 9th gens yet BUT they may have come out with one.. I'm pretty sure they have a supercharger out there for the 9th gen, which I know if put into a stock 8th gen puts it at 260 Whp, and supporting mods skyrocket that. idk look up the 9th gen forums do your research on the best mods etc. Don't forget to upgrade other things as well ie suspension, clutch, etc. they may not add horsepower, but they will defenetly make your car handle phenominally better, or make it hook better.
good write