Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here.

2008 si

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kurby88 is an unknown quantity at this point
2008 si

Back in 2008 I came by an '08 SI. I've put all 23,xxx miles on it and have enjoyed every second of it. However, i am looking at going FI and am curious about what kind of pricing I'm looking at. Most, if not all, of the posts I've come by on this and other civic forums are for 6th and 7th gen. civics.

What I know (I am new to FI sadly haha):
Need to replace most of the internals of the engine (pistons, cams, etc)
Need a turbo kit
Need a new stand alone CPU

As far as goals, 400+ WHP would be great, again I have not seen much as far as what the K20Z3 engines can do, so I'm not sure what to aim for. If possible I would like to keep the cost below $10,000 for parts (I'm also looking at bigger/wider wheels and tires so I don't fly off the road).

This is just a feeler post, just to see what can be done with the K20Z3's, can't promise I'll be doing any engine work quite yet, though I hope to by this year's end. Thank you for any time, knowledge and opinion.
Old 08-02-2010
Low and slow!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
02civicsi02 will become famous soon enough
Re: 2008 si

The k20z3 is a great motor. It can produce alot of power and take it. The z3 does very well with bolt ons. The z3 with I/RH/E can produce 210 whp with out a tune. The z3 though is not very good for boost cause the compression in it but it can handle alittle bit with stock internals. The best ecu is kpro of course so get that. But to learn alittle bit more bout your car go over to 8th gen civic.com or fg coupe.com. The fg coupe.com is for the 2 door si if you have the 2 door si. The z3 has alot of potential and is a very good motor.