Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

2008 LX Tire Cupping

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vegasgal is an unknown quantity at this point
2008 LX Tire Cupping

Hi! I am new to this site and I have a question. My LX coupe started having a loud noise coming from the rear, I took it in and the dealer and they said it was due to me carrying heavy things in my trunk, so that is why my tires are wearing badly! by the way, I hardly ever carry anything heavy in my trunk or anyone in my car. I decided to take it somewhere else and got new tires and an alignment and they are saying my rear struts are bad. My car is still under factory warranty and nobody at Honda seems to care. Has anyone else had this problem?? Thank you for any advice!

Last edited by vegasgal; 08-18-2010 at 01:52 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 08-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: 2008 LX Tire Cupping

Welcome.

Of course they're not wanting to do $600-800 worth of work for free, no wonder they lied to you. Now that you are a more informed go back in there and tell them to replace those struts.

Somebody else was talking about this in these forums or honda-tech forums, don't remember which. Use the search function.
Old 08-18-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the roughNosepicker is a jewel in the rough

You should call Honda Corp and file a complaint. Trust me, the dealership will take care of you once you file the complaint.

It looks negatively on them and affects their standing/status with Honda Corp as to their first pick of the liter of cars, so speak.
Old 08-18-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Tell the dealership what the shop told you about your struts.. Then have them take a look at it, as long as that's all covered by the factory warranty