Suspension Performance Modifications Post Suspension related modification information and/or questions here

06 si tracking

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06siguy is an unknown quantity at this point
06 si tracking

i just bought an 06 si and when i finally got it on the highway at speed i noticed it seemed unstable. it requires constant adjustment to the steering wheel. its bone stock and has 80k on it but im wondering if this is just an alignment issue that can be fixed easily? anybody got a solution?
Old 07-04-2009
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: 06 si tracking

just go and align the car. ask them to check under the car if there is anything they can see.
Then you come here to ask if something sounds fish.
Old 07-04-2009
Registered!!

alright ill try to get it done soon and report back. whats the clutch life in one of these cars if you drive it conservatively?
Old 07-06-2009
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 06siguy
alright ill try to get it done soon and report back. whats the clutch life in one of these cars if you drive it conservatively?
mine lasted 80k miles, but i do autoX with lots of wheel spin (because of an excessive camber inthe rears...)
Old 07-06-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

newer civics usually have severe camber issues from the factory. you may have to end up installing aftermarket camber kit to be able to align it properly. do your rear wheels look straight like this | or are they slanted a bit like this \
Old 07-06-2009
PITA Admin
Administrator

Originally Posted by gearbox
newer civics usually have severe camber issues from the factory. you may have to end up installing aftermarket camber kit to be able to align it properly. do your rear wheels look straight like this | or are they slanted a bit like this \
Mine is a 02 EX, and Skunk2 at the rears - no more camber issues anymore even with the 0.75" drop Eibach springs anymore.
The guy with issues is the 06 Si. Iwas just telling him about the life
Old 07-06-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i was talking to op
Old 07-07-2009
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute

80K miles? My guess would be excessive bushing compliance due to worn out suspension bushings.
Old 07-07-2009
Registered!!

After driving the car for a week being the autophile that I am im going to point out all the questionable things the car does and hope for some feedback. To answer gearbox' question, yes the rears look a little cambered but not extreme. The car was a one owner so I have no idea what may have been done to it in the past. The exhaust is stock and complete, but there is some soot on the tip like at one point it didnt have a cat. Also the clutch seems fishy to me. When I up shift from 1st to second to third it is very jumpy kind of like when a semi truck takes off. When Im coasting in any gear at a steady speed then let off the gas and foot off the clutch(coasting on motor) it coasts for a few feet then kicks down all jerky and ****. like someone tapped the brakes lightly. I figure its either a worn out clutch or something aftermarket. the clutch doesnt seem to slip though, it just engages hard and isnt a smooth transition between gears. the clutch does shift well though when im really on the throttle and shifting quick. thats the only time it shifts smooth. ????????? other than that I look forward to getting in it every day, its a fun ride.

Last edited by 06siguy; 07-07-2009 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-07-2009
Premium Member

06+ SI has horrible clutch and shifting problems. theres a huge thread here about it and its a known issue by honda. you may still be able to get it fixed if you have warranty, otherwise try calling corporate and they may do a goodwill repair.
Old 07-07-2009
Premium Member

06+ SI has horrible clutch and shifting problems. theres a huge thread here about it and its a known issue by honda. you may still be able to get it fixed if you have warranty, otherwise try calling corporate and they may do a goodwill repair.