Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

2013 Fog lamp help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enigma346 is an unknown quantity at this point
2013 Fog lamp help!

Ok so I just got a 2013 Honda Civic which looks exactly like the one in the first picture and my actual one is in the second picture. I tried to get a closer picture of where the fog lamps would go. I don't see there being a spot to remove in order to put the lamps in. The lamps I am looking to get are these ones. http://www.carid.com/2013-honda-civi...-19652607.html

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-12-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Fog lamp help!

Apparently you remove the original black trims and install new black trim with light cutouts.

Go to http://estore.honda.com/
Pick Honda accessories, stumble through the selections to find your car and a set of foglights.
Then on the top left corner of the page find the link (small grid next to the logo) to get installation instructions
Old 07-12-2015
Registered!!

So the black trim near the "chrome bar" comes out and the new one takes the place of the old trim? I guess it didn't look like it would take up all of that room on Carid's picture of them. But I guess they are shaped like it perfectly. Thanks for the instructions too!
Old 07-12-2015
Registered!!

Do you think the lamps would work well? I don't know much about the brands and was wondering if there was something else I may want to go with? I want them to be bright as well if possible and durable of course.
Old 07-12-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Somewhere around this forum I posted a pic of a factory foglight beam side by side with a knock off foglight beam, there was a huge difference.

I got it

This was from a CRV kit and went on a coworkers Accord, (not sure where the knock off came from)

Spot several differences here?
Factory light says Stanley
Name:  XThzy47.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  807.6 KB

Bottom beam is from the factory light
Name:  wg3njjI.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  744.3 KB
Old 07-12-2015

Originally Posted by Enigma346
Do you think the lamps would work well? I don't know much about the brands and was wondering if there was something else I may want to go with? I want them to be bright as well if possible and durable of course.
I can't speak for what carID sells, you might inquire before ordering.

All of the lenses can be broken by rocks and road debris thrown up by the car you are following. Doesn't seem to matter what foglight it is.
Old 07-12-2015
Registered!!

Yeah but there are some knock offs that are really cheap and then there are some really good aftermarket brands and such. I was wondering if this was one of them. Spyder that is.
Old 07-12-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
I can't speak for what carID sells, you might inquire before ordering.

All of the lenses can be broken by rocks and road debris thrown up by the car you are following. Doesn't seem to matter what foglight it is.
Just read this. Thanks for the replies! I will inquire with them and do some research on my own.