Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Do I really have to drop the bumper to remove tail light assembly?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoagey is an unknown quantity at this point
Do I really have to drop the bumper to remove tail light assembly?

Hi Folks - I'm just trying to swap out the driver's side tail light of my 2008 LX coupe (my newest driver introduced it to the mailbox). I removed all electrical harness clips and 4 nuts without ado, but have been spending the last 1/2 hour trying to remove the darn housing. I've read in this forum that some vehicles require one to remove the bumper to get this out. Does anyone know if my vehicle is one of the chosen, please?
Old 06-07-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
jordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nicejordan1794 is just really nice
Re: Do I really have to drop the bumper to remove tail light assembly?

This is not a DIY article, and it is also a double post...please only make one post and keep questions/requests out of the DIY section.
Thanks, and I hope you get a solution to your question.

(Can a mod delete this thread please?)

Last edited by jordan1794; 06-07-2015 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Deleted dead link
Old 06-07-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,441 Likes on 1,197 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

thanks, Jordan

actually, both his threads were misplaced. one deleted and this one moved to electrical/lightning, so the reminder that the DIY section is not there to ask question, rather to post helpful instructions will remain.
Old 06-07-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

yep, looks like you have to at least bent away the part of the bumper just below the taillight. One more bolt holds in on right there.
Good news, though, it's only 4 screws and an allen head screw to access the one bolt.

source: http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/306486-post1.html
Old 06-13-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoagey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, RiceBoy. Yes - It's amazing how easily the bumper comes off. That said, I guess the strange design is just a way to try and keep the dealers busy. Thanks, again, for your helpful response. It's nice to see that the membership is not all gestapo like the first two I encountered in this thread.
Old 06-13-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,441 Likes on 1,197 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

it was more that our DIY section was a mess because many people would post too many questions, not helpful articles on how to do itself. It is clearly stated that the section is not for asking questions, and when you sign for membership, it is clearly stated that you should read before posting. It's not much different than driving a car - there's rules in place so it does not get blood.

Sorry that you get that feeling, but police is required on the roads you drive due to unruly drivers.