Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

Just bought my Si, want to retrofit headlights...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HipposCivicSi is an unknown quantity at this point
Just bought my Si, want to retrofit headlights...

I'm looking at these headlights, and I am hoping someone here has purchased a pair and knows what the challenges are and what the size is of the projectors. I have a spare set of FX35 HID Projectors and would like to retrofit them into these headlights if they would fit. Has anyone purchased these lights and/or retrofitted them?

Thanks!
Old 01-31-2015
Registered!!

Ranger007 is an unknown quantity at this point
They look man. Where did you get those from? You already seem to have the projector housing what more do you need?
Old 01-31-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Ranger007
They look man. Where did you get those from? You already seem to have the projector housing what more do you need?
I mean they look cool man.
Old 02-01-2015
Registered!!

Re: Just bought my Si, want to retrofit headlights...

I am looking at several different types of lights, but these seemed very unique to me. I need to know if FXR 3.0 bi-Xenon HID projectors will fit in these headlights. These cheap lights come from China and have no technology in optics included in them, they are a huge waste of money, unless you retrofit them, which I plan to do. I just need to know if there is one more civic owner that has done this yet.
Old 02-01-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

be careful - most aftermarket headlights have issues with the lenses scattering the light too much, so they could look darker or blind the opposite lane driver too much.
Old 02-01-2015
Registered!!

Originally Posted by HipposCivicSi
These cheap lights come from China and have no technology in optics included in them, they are a huge waste of money, unless you retrofit them, which I plan to do.
I do not understand when you say they are inferior quality and waste of time and you say that you are going to use them.
Old 02-01-2015
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

What he means to say is that (s)he wants to put a set of quality projector units inside of that housing. Still potentially leakier and less stable than stock housings but better than if nothing was done to them.
Old 02-03-2015
Registered!!

Ok. I think I got it. So these are just the housing and not the projectors itself. I thought they were the projector lenses. Now what else does the projector headlight system consist of? Thanks.
Old 02-03-2015
Super Moderator

Poopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of lightPoopies is a glorious beacon of light

Those ones DO have a projector system on them, it's just of inferior design and quality. The retrofit is done to replace the crappy projectors with good ones. Technically you don't have to do one and it IS cheaper. It's not as safe though, since you can't see as well. Click the first link in my sig for an idea of what I'm talking about. It's an example of a QUALITY projector set in STOCK housings.
Old 02-03-2015
Registered!!

That's cool. But the link is mostly for the amber halos and not the projectors itself, right. Can you tell what projectors are those and where did you get them from?
OK I don't want to hijack the OP's thread. He wants to know about that particular projector. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2015
Super Moderator

If you scroll down more you can see the whole thing. I got mine from theretrofitsource.com. They're the Mini Morimoto H1.
Old 02-06-2015
Registered!!

sorry I've been so busy this week, I have been researching my head off when I have time, but to no avail. I guess I am going to have to go ahead and just take the leap and buy a set and try the fitment on my own.

Yes, I plan to use only the housing. I am not looking forward to cutting out the halogen bowls and gluing and all that again! I figured that I would just get a set that already has the set up for projectors and just swap them, if the HID projectors actually do fit. I have the Infinity FX35 Bi-Xenon projectors, I just need try and fit them into these headlights.

As far as opening the cheap lights and resealing them, I already have butyl rubber from TRS.

As far as the lenses go, thanks for that info, if the aftermarket lenses do that, I will just take the lenses from my factory lights and put them on the aftermarket ones. They better be an exact fit, or mounting will be an issue! hahahaha!