Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

2013 Civic fog lamp kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greg2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
2013 Civic fog lamp kits

The factory kits are 299-400+ and I'm not convinced that they are the best choice anyway.

I would like to go with a quality aftermarket kit with clear lenses and 3000 degree bulbs. Hopefully, the kit will not be too complicated to install.

I have seen many aftermarket choices and am hoping that someone has gone there before and can provide some advise as to where best to buy these and the model that they have used.

I have also heard that the stock wiring harness already has plugs for easy installation of factory kits - is this true? If so, do the fog lights have their own relay or do they operate off the headlight relay?

Thanks for your advice.
Greg
Old 08-26-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Civic fog lamp kits

I have also heard that the stock wiring harness already has plugs for easy installation of factory kits - is this true? If so, do the fog lights have their own relay or do they operate off the headlight relay?
They are not pre-wired, other than a single wire running from the inside to the outside and the multifunction switch harness is pre wired.. The factory kit has relays and harnesses that must be installed, but it is pretty dang easy, plug and play for the most part.

If you want to check out the instructions for a factory kit, go to http://estore.honda.com/
Pick accessories, then look on the right side column for
"If you looking for installation or DIY instructions
for a purchased accessory, you can find it here "
<--(that might actually link)
Old 07-25-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wallyalle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey ezone,

You seem pretty knowledgeable,

I have a 2013 Civic EX, no leather or fog lights. I am wondering if you know will switching out the piece in the middle of the dashboard(believe its the daylight sensor), and changing the turn signal lever to the one that includes Auto for the headlight setting will give my car automatic headlights?

Any info or direction would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Old 07-25-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wallyalle
I have a 2013 Civic EX, no leather or fog lights. I am wondering if you know will switching out the piece in the middle of the dashboard(believe its the daylight sensor), and changing the turn signal lever to the one that includes Auto for the headlight setting will give my car automatic headlights?
I do not have any answer to that question!