Lighting Use this for all your lighting questions

interior illumination kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
interior illumination kit

does anyone have the oem honda blue led courtesy light kit? any pics? im thinking of getting it and installing in my 7thgen...
Old 05-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: interior illumination kit

Originally Posted by gearbox
does anyone have the oem honda blue led courtesy light kit? any pics? im thinking of getting it and installing in my 7thgen...
Isn't it just some under dash and seat lighting?

Why pay the huge premium for a Honda kit, it's just a few leds and some wiring.
Old 05-08-2011
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

and a cool switch lol, and it could be plug and play. its been a while since ive made something fit that honda says doesnt.
Old 05-12-2011
Premium Member

i got it, in case anyone is wondering and gets the crazy idea to install this, most of it doesnt fit. the switch is totally different and useless. the fuse box connector was completely different. so what i did was solder on a 6 pin connector i had leftover from my fog light kit, then fixed parts of the wire harness so that the switch is bypassed and the leds are "constant-on" all the time whenever the park lights are on (power from the fuse box dash light wire). otherwise i reused most of the harness and cleanly installed it. it came with 3 led pods. two were the same color blue and one was more of a purple. i put the blue ones on each side of the center console and stuck the purple one in the glove box. the modules are visible during the day, but they look clean enough to pass for oem. at night they are decently bright and light up the front footwells nicely. i have the leds facing at a downward angle so they dont bother me while driving. each pod has two low power smt blue leds. red wouldve been better, but oh well. and i can simply unplug them from the fuse box if they get annoying. pics coming soon.