Go Back   Honda Civic Forum > OFF TOPIC > Off Topic
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photo Gallery FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Experience Used CarsGarageVendor Directory
Welcome to Honda Civic Forum

Off Topic "If you don't like your job, you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way."

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2003   #1 (permalink)
Registered!!

fordfocussucks should not be trusted
Send a message via AIM to fordfocussucks
My basketball team sucks HELP!

Our record is 0-7. I'm playing for a league, each game we get killed by at least 40. My point average is like 3 points a game. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG] Each game is 40 minutes. We can't recruit any new players, so forget about recruiting Yao Ming. I already bought new And1 shoes and we still suck. My team (The Penetrators) sucks too, our center's nickname is The Big Slow. Damn we suck. Any advice on how to win? Drink powerade or should we start praying? Please help. [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
fordfocussucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003   #2 (permalink)
Registered!!

BlueRevs is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to BlueRevs
Powerade man, only way to do it
BlueRevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003   #3 (permalink)
Bay Area

Points: 16,945, Level: 83 Points: 16,945, Level: 83 Points: 16,945, Level: 83
Level up: 19%, 405 Points needed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
NytRyder2k2 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to NytRyder2k2
Recruit me and we will own
NytRyder2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003   #4 (permalink)
HISPAnIC CAUSIn PAnIC

sadboy916 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to sadboy916
live and die by the 3 if you have no skills. its what the celtics do[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
sadboy916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003   #5 (permalink)
Registered!!

aznsmtboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to aznsmtboy Send a message via AIM to aznsmtboy Send a message via Yahoo to aznsmtboy
practice, practice, practice, back when I was 13, I played for a local park and rec team, are record was 1-8, and the only reason we won that game was because a guy on one of the teams that beat us, was too old, and we won by default. However, I was still the 2nd league leader in 3 pointers, this one other guy on this church team, made a few more then I did [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
aznsmtboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003   #6 (permalink)
Registered!!

fordfocussucks should not be trusted
Send a message via AIM to fordfocussucks
Quote:
[hr]Originally posted by: sadboy916
live and die by the 3 if you have no skills. its what the celtics do[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][hr]
hehe good idea, this sunday im shooting 3s like crazy. hehe wish me luck.
fordfocussucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003   #7 (permalink)
Registered!!

htowncivicEX is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to htowncivicEX
Reminds me of the teams I played with in intramural basketball while I was in school. The team I played for (and captained) was the University of Texas ACM - Association for Computing Machinery. That's the national computer science organization (all you CS majors in college right now probably heard of it, or are members of it).

There are certain games that you see on the schedule and you just know you are going to get your *** whooped. It was always pretty funny to shake the hand of the other captain right before these games. They would act all polite and cordial and stuff, but then they would stare at me right in the eyes with a look that said, "Yeah dude we are gonna kick y'all's *** sooooo bad..."

One time during basketball season we got matched up against NSBE - National Society of Black Engineers. Now picture a bunch of 6' and under Caucasian and Asian guys matched up against a team of 6'5" and above brothers. They spent the whole 40 mins. dunking on us, and I think we lost by about 50 pts.

During flag football season, we played SAAB (Student African American Brotherhood) in the first round of the playoffs. We were only down 6 - 0 at the half, and ended up losing 21 - 6 (moral victory for us).

Not sure if the teams you're playing are that much better than you, or if you guys really do suck. But things you can do to help your odds are:

- Slow the pace of the game if you're playing a bunch of athletic guys who fast break all the time

- Use the intramural referees' lack of experience / refereeing ability to your advantage. Most of the refs don't enforce things like the 5-seconds inbound rule, so take your sweet time on inbounding the ball on opponents' made baskets and on dead ***** if the game is close or if you somehow have a lead. This is assuming your league enforces a running-clock format (clock doesn't stop on dead *****).

- Most referees aren't that good at spotting fouls away from the ball. Hell, most of them can't even call on-the-ball fouls either. Anyways, my point is that you can usually get away with murder if you're away from the ball. In this case, no blood = no foul.

- If you guys can't play any D, try using a 3-2 zone. Every time the ball comes within the paint area, have 2 or 3 guys just collapse on the ballhandler and bug the hell out of him. Of course, if the other team can shoot, you're dead meat. But from what you tell us, your team is dead-meat anyways, so why not try.

- If your team can't handle the ball, try long cross-court passes and quick 3's. Hey - it's better than getting the ball stolen while bringing it up the court (at least you'll get a shot out of the possession).
htowncivicEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003   #8 (permalink)
Escaped Convict

CapYoda has a spectacular aura about CapYoda has a spectacular aura about
I'mmma go with praying.

CapYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003
CivicForums
Honda Civic

Paid Advertisement

Tags
basketball , boys , coach , high , horrible , im , jv , kids , player , school , stink , stinks , suck , sucks , team , volleyball , yahoo