Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Intake Manifold Nut Size

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kaleigh Olenick is an unknown quantity at this point
Intake Manifold Nut Size

Hello,

Sorry to bother all with such a dumb question, but I lost one of the nuts to my intake manifold, and cannot find it anywhere it got swallowed up somewhere, and did not fall to the ground it just disappeared. I cannot find an answer anywhere to this questions, and it seems to be something that I consider to be a common question, and problem, so why it is nowhere to be found is unknown to me.

I am working on an 2002 honda civic ex 1.7 with a vtec.

What I need to know is threading to nut, because I know outside of nut is 12mm.

And if I need to order if from somewhere special or if a parts store or hardware store would sell.

Thank you all in advance.
Old 10-24-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Intake Manifold Nut Size

Thread size you need should be 8 x 1.25 (mm).

Wrench size of the hex on a hardware store replacement would probably be 13mm, that seems to be the most common. Wrench size is not real important unless clearance is a problem, and it's not in most cases. If it's a problem swap with any other nut that is easy to get at.
I'd be checking at car parts stores first.
Might want to use a flat washer with a plain nut.

Last edited by ezone; 10-24-2016 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-24-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kaleigh Olenick is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for such a fast reply. I really owe you couldn't find that answer anywhere.
Old 10-24-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Take a sample nut example with you, make sure threads match up and thread onto the same bolt and all that.