Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Can't find the right part -- radiator

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tdmnds is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't find the right part -- radiator

So I can't seem to find the right radiator for my 95 lx.. I am not extremely mechanically inclined but have swapped radiators in the past on my 95 delsol and other cars but anyways.. I found a leak at the top of my radiator today when my car overheated and when I tried to find the part autozone had it but when I went to put it in I noticed that my old one only had two hoses and a reservoir line and the new one had 4 hoses and a reservoir line, one at the top and three on the bottom, I tried to call two other parts stores to see if they knew anything about it and they didn't know what I was talking about.. If anyone has any knowledge or experience with this situation please help!!!
Old 08-04-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can't find the right part -- radiator

I tried to call two other parts stores to see if they knew anything about it and they didn't know what I was talking about.
I don't either.

A picture can be worth a thousand words.....
Show us what you are talking about
Old 08-05-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

It could be that you purchased an automatic radiator, which would have two large hose ports, one on the top and one on the bottom; as well as two small hose ports used to cool the transmission.

If this is the case you do not need to worry about the transmission cooling ports. They do not hold coolant but rather ATF so leaving them open will not lead to coolant leaking out.

You may want to cap the transmission cooling ports just to keep them clean if you ever need to re-sell the radiator.

Otherwise It is possible that you purchased a radiator segment intended for AC, The same concept applies as above, you won't need to worry about coolant leaking.

I would fill the radiator with water and see if any think leaks out of the extra holes.
Old 08-05-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

It could be that you purchased an automatic radiator, which would have two large hose ports, one on the top and one on the bottom; as well as two small hose ports used to cool the transmission.
Good call on that.

Seems like aftermarket does not supply radiators without a trans cooler anymore, because it reduces inventory needs and whatnot.