Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Getting a Honda Civic and wondering what I should do first to modify it.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edwin__em1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Getting a Honda Civic and wondering what I should do first to modify it.

I don't know that much about cars and parts but in the future I am planning to buy a Civic.I was wondering what I should do first to my civic to modify it?I also wanna make it slammed so should I get coilovers or lowering springs?How did you guys learn about car tuning and how should I learn about it?
Old 06-11-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Getting a Honda Civic and wondering what I should do first to modify it.

Welcome to the forum?

What you do to your car is up to you. You have to think about what you are interested in doing to the car (ie what do you want to get out of it?). Do you want power? Maybe you want better handling? All looks? Once you figure this out you can better decide what to get for it. If you want a combination of things I would suggest lowering it and getting some basic bolt on modifications to get your feet wet.

If you want to slam you need coilovers, springs don't go that low.

A good step in learning about cars is reading everything you can about them, joining a forum is a good way to do that. Actually getting out the tools and doing everything yourself is also a big help and the best way to learn.
Old 06-13-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Getting a Honda Civic and wondering what I should do first to modify it.

Honestly I have an autocross race car built on a 2002 civic chassis, however if I started over I would go with a nissan 240 or s15.

The reason is that those cars have unlimited aftermarket parts, they make more power stock which leads to more power after mods, they're rwd, you can tune them for autocross, hill climb or drift, and you get instant street cred (which as juvenile as it sounds is worth something, it gets old real fast when everyone hates on your ride... and after 5 years of it i can tell you that no mater how fast your car becomes and how many people you beat "it's still a honda".

Now if you have your hart set on a honda I would say to stay away from civics and go with an integra, rsx-s, crx-si.

Make sure you buy a DOHC engine (the aftermarket is better and they make way more power) check the eninge block number before you buy the car a lot of people swap out the powerful engines to sell good cars and place low end engines in them.

You're looking for engine numbers with "B's" or "K's." Those are the DOHC engines.
B18 k20 k24

Good luck.