Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

2006 Civic LX Resonator

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015
TeddLovesHondas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BronxKid21 is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 Civic LX Resonator

Well, as most of us know New York has crazy weather during the winter time. To make a ling story short, i was attempting to relocate my car out of my driveway so that i could shovel. It got stuck in the snow and as i reversed it out the whole resonator box snapped off. Underneath the hood, the resonator box is to the right and below the battery so i proceeded to remove the bumper to take a better look. Its completely gone but i did reorder the part from Honda.

I love Hondas and been working on my car for quite some time now. It seems like a easy fix that i could do in my driveway but should i take some precautions? If so what are some important things that i need to know while fixing the resonator?
Also, its been off for about 3 days and ive noticed it that its been a bit harder to start the car up. Is this normal? Of Course i dont keep it running or drive it but because its so cold here i do not want the engine to freeze up on me.
I need to invest in a spash shield Ofcourse and also wanted to know if anyone knows what the piece is called that covers up all the wires beneath the steering wheel. That would be a great help!
Old 01-27-2015
Vtec

dustinhxc is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 2006 Civic LX Resonator

oh man, shouldve straight piped it. not sure how it sounds on hondas, but i took out the resonator on my other cars in the past.
Old 01-27-2015
TeddLovesHondas

naw man i need the resonator box! that keeps the debris from flying into the engine/motor and all that great stuff
Old 01-27-2015
TeddLovesHondas

and how would that work if the resonator is in the front. doesnt the pipe have to go under?
Old 01-27-2015
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

just get a short ram intake then you won't even need the resonator. not to mention AEM is a lifetime filter just needs to be cleaned. cleaning is easier then replacing a stock filter.
Old 01-27-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Also, its been off for about 3 days and ive noticed it that its been a bit harder to start the car up. Is this normal? Of Course i dont keep it running or drive it but because its so cold here i do not want the engine to freeze up on me.
You are repeatedly starting the engine, but not driving the car?

You are probably running the battery down. Starting a cold engine requires a whole lot of battery power, and a cold battery requires a much longer time to recharge.

You are also loading up the spark plugs at the same time.

The engine needs to run for quite a while after a cold start in order to
A) recharge the battery, and
B) get the engine up to operating temperature and keep it there long enough to burn carbon buildup from the spark plugs and heat the oil in order to steam out fuel and water condensation. This means DRIVING it.

If you don't, you may end up with a flooded engine and a run-down battery. And a run-down battery can freeze in the cold.
Once a weak or dead battery freezes inside, it's usually trash.
i do not want the engine to freeze up on me.
If the antifreeze protection level is sufficient for your climate and expected lowest temperatures, it can't 'freeze up'.

There are a whole bunch of people up north of you in Canuckistan who laugh at your mild weather, while they jump in their cars and go to work when it's 40 freekin' degrees below zero.

Old 02-01-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Lol, I believe Dustin was thinking about the exhaust resonator, since he mentioned "straight pipes."

...and the Bornx is talking about the intake resonator.