Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

2004 lx catalytic converter question

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
charliemichaels is an unknown quantity at this point
2004 lx catalytic converter question

I have a 2004 lx - needs a new catalytic converter. I was told that I could get an aftermarket part (not direct fit) by one shop and another told me that only the ex can be fitted with a non direct-fit part, the lx has to have a direct fit. anyone know anything about this? Just trying to keep my car running, not interested in spending a ton of money and not concerned about driving with the check engine light on.

is this shop just telling me this to make some $$?
Old 09-12-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2004 lx catalytic converter question

The Lx has the converter built into the exhaust manifold. Technically you should replace the whole mani/cat with a new one. You could convert to an ex exhaust setup and weld in a aftermarket cat but that will be more expensive.
Old 09-12-2014
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2004 lx catalytic converter question

alot of the after market cats for the LX,DX,VP aren't anywhere near the quality of OEM and most wont pass emissions in california. also the lifespan won't be near oem so choose wisely these party aren't cheap.