Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Front license plate mount

Old 09-01-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WVUbassRFL is an unknown quantity at this point
Front license plate mount

So, my wife and I just moved to VA and realized that we have to have front plates as well as the back. Problem is she took the front mount off her 2002 Civic.....so question is what should I do? Just take a drill to the front molding or actually go to the dealership and pay for a new mount?

Oh, my wife used to post when it was 7thgencivic.com her moniker was skyblue....she is registered here but doesn't remember her password, hence the new moniker.
Old 09-01-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all
Re: Front license plate mount

last thing i would do is screw big holes into it, call the dealership and ask them how it would normally work, im sure they will either have a bracket that goes over it or something.

otherwise, if it was me, i would clean the plate and bumper off really then use 3m double sided adhesive to glue it on there. theres no way it would come off. youd have to heat it up to get it off. it would save your paint, bodywork, and having two big ugly holes in it.

as for her old screen name, cant she type it in the login thing then click the thing that says 'forgot password?'
Old 09-01-2009
Registered!!

Street Kings will become famous soon enoughStreet Kings will become famous soon enough

Just buy a front licence plate bracket online.
Old 09-02-2009
Registered!!

WVUbassRFL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by unTuned
last thing i would do is screw big holes into it, call the dealership and ask them how it would normally work, im sure they will either have a bracket that goes over it or something.

otherwise, if it was me, i would clean the plate and bumper off really then use 3m double sided adhesive to glue it on there. theres no way it would come off. youd have to heat it up to get it off. it would save your paint, bodywork, and having two big ugly holes in it.

as for her old screen name, cant she type it in the login thing then click the thing that says 'forgot password?'
Thanks.

You would think the forgot password would be the best option, but apparently she doesn't use the email addy that is connected to her old moniker. She's kind of pissed because apparently she STILL has the 4th or 5th highest post count from the old board and it transferred to this board. Makes me laugh because she said she rarely, if ever, posted here but it still shows she has an insane amount of posts here.
Old 09-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

hehe so rarely becomes every now and then, which becomes sometimes, which becomes only when i need to help someone out.

tell her to keep guessing.

did you get the plate thing figured out?
Old 09-02-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i just have mine screwed into the bumper, no holder or frame. it came like that from the dealer.
Old 09-03-2009
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough

Skyblue:23,109 posts ^^^^^^^^ Gearbox has ya beat by a few.
Old 09-03-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

skyblue was a regular here back in the days lol. cant believe shes married now