Parts and Products Post new products, talk about parts other than electrical, drivetrain and suspension.

Right Hand Drive Armrest

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rhd_civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Right Hand Drive Armrest

Dear all,

I am a part-Europe part US resident and I own a right-hand-drive 04 civic in Europe. I wanted to get an armrest but the dealer (only one here and really bad) quoted a ridiculously outragous price (~$240) so that's the end of that.

I am wondering if anyone knows if there is a difference between the armrests and whether a US armrest will fit my car. I contacted Honda Japan and they gave me this part number for the European armrest:
08U90-S5A-610F . All the US dealers I contacted don't have this as a valid part number.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-26-2004
TUCKIN 19s

2k2EXCOUPE will become famous soon enough
Well if you were to buy from America- the armrest bolt would be on the wrong side and if its like the 01-02, its a small "elbow' rest for the driver's seat.

On the 04, you have a center console that doubles as an armrest tho? Why need another one? There is always the Zeta wide arm rest but that wouldnt work with your center console...
Old 07-26-2004
Registered!!

Thanks for the reply. The console I have doesn't have an armrest, probably it is different specifications from the US one. I really liked the zeta wide armrest and I have contacted them but they said that the armrest would have to be mounted upside down in a rhd vehicle (and it will only fit if the mount fits).
Old 07-26-2004
TUCKIN 19s

2k2EXCOUPE will become famous soon enough
Well then mount the Zeta wide on the passenger seat (driver seat in US) that way its not upside down....

Its designed to go on that side of the car and since its a wide armrest it is the width of the 2 seats (inbetween). So it wouldnt matter, the bolt just wouldnt be on the drivers (euro drivers ) side.

That make sense? I feel like im having trouble explaining what i mean with this whole euro/us thing. LOL
Old 07-26-2004
Registered!!

kezay is an unknown quantity at this point
I live in Trinidad (RHD also) and the prices here are also outrageous so your not alone

I actually buy parts from the US and ship them here and it still comes out to be cheaper....
Old 07-27-2004
Registered!!

2k2EXCOUPE

I would have bought the zeta and installed it on the passenger side but there are no mounts on the passenger side. It's just as disappointing to hear that things are expensive elsewhere because it makes me think it is honda's fault rather than the dealer's to price things like that.