I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Aftermarket system

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zombie is an unknown quantity at this point
Aftermarket system

Has anybody had any experience with the cheap Chinese systems such as this
http://www.happyshoppinglife.com/7-i...oth-p-167.html

Or this
Amazon.com : OEM Replacement DVD 7" Touchscreen GPS Navigation Unit For Honda Civic 2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011 With Radio (AM/FM), iPod Interface, Bluetooth Hands Free, USB, AUX Input, US & Canada Map, Plug & Play Installation : In Dash Vehicle Gps Units : Car Electronics Amazon.com : OEM Replacement DVD 7" Touchscreen GPS Navigation Unit For Honda Civic 2006/2007/2008/2009/2010/2011 With Radio (AM/FM), iPod Interface, Bluetooth Hands Free, USB, AUX Input, US & Canada Map, Plug & Play Installation : In Dash Vehicle Gps Units : Car Electronics

I have a 2010 with the base system and want to upgrade it. I was thinking of going the tablet route but this "seems" like a good deal.
Any thoughts?
My other option was a single din deck with the tablet using the line in and my phone using the Bluetooth.
Old 11-23-2015
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Aftermarket system

Judging by the 1.5 star review I would avoid. Just save up for something good. It will be a much better product and you can sell it when you are done for some cash.
Old 11-25-2015
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Mad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to allMad Dog Tannen is a name known to all

Almost all head units are made in China now. At least name brand has better quality control than brand x units. I like Kenwood, they are usually modestly priced and full of features. I would not buy that unit for my car for sure.
Old 11-27-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zombie is an unknown quantity at this point

It was just a thought, decent price though. I think I will go ahead with a decent single don Bluetooth radio as I had first planned and male a mount for the tablet, plugged into the line in. Then the phone works and I can use the tablet for maps, music, backup camera and such.
Anybody else here done that with an 8th gen civic?