I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2007 Civic - flat battery every 24 hours - MICU/fuse fox replacement? help

Old 10-31-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adam Brown is an unknown quantity at this point
2007 Civic - flat battery every 24 hours - MICU/fuse fox replacement? help

Hey everyone,

I have a 2007 Honda Civic EX 1.8L from the US. The battery is going flat after about 24 hours (sometimes less) which, from what people have told me and the research i have done, seems to be that the MICU's brain is not going into 'sleep mode' when the car is off, hence pulling from the battery and giving me these results. Also, if I use the lock/unlock buttons on the key for my remote entry, only the drivers door is the one that locks. All others stay unlocked.

I really don't know what to do -- would replacing the entire fuse box fix this? I read that I would then need to use an HCU to allow the car to be able to start again with the new unit in place.

I've found several links, but this one was the most informative: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-fa...-recall-2.html

There is no active recall for my vehicle, which sucks, and obviously the car is a little old now.

Anyone have any ideas on where to begin? I'm clueless and the Honda dealership in my area is not very helpful.

Adam
Old 10-31-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2007 Civic - flat battery every 24 hours - MICU/fuse fox replacement? help

If you lock the doors with the lock button will they lock ??

Have you checked the actual draw amount ??

If you pull the "backup" fuse will it still drain ??
Old 10-31-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2007 Civic - flat battery every 24 hours - MICU/fuse fox replacement? help

Anyone have any ideas on where to begin?
To actually figure out a problem you'd need to understand what it is and basic techniques/methods of identifying it.

First start with a good quality ammeter placed properly between battery and car, prove there is a drain and show exactly how much of a drain there is present. Compare to spec range or a known good car to see if yours is excessive.

Then there are many more steps to track down a draw.

Or just see what's stuck on.
The AC CLUTCH RELAY is by far the most common problem. It can kill a battery overnight. Is the compressor running when you run the car, even though the HVAC panel is all turned off?

A bad or sulfated battery can kill itself overnight too.