I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Enter Code Message

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sf3r8z is an unknown quantity at this point
Enter Code Message

I left my lights(not headlights) on for several days and ran the battery down to nothing on my 2008 Civic LX. I recharged it but now there is a message above my radio that says "enter code" I called the dealer who said that I needed to reset my engine code or I would not be able to have an emissions test. My question is, is this the code that the message above the radio refers to or a different one that would require a simpler solution than driving the car to full operating temperature for 30 minutes on 3 different occasions as the dealer suggested. Of course he also said that I could bring it in and have them reset the code.
Old 03-05-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Enter Code Message

but now there is a message above my radio that says "enter code"
The radio needs a 5 digit code to unlock it, it has nothing to do with emissions testing.

Find the radio card with the owners manual stuff, or find the serial number sticker, or a radio code sticker, usually somewhere on the glovebox, door jamb, or damn near anywhere hard to find.

Find the thin blue service history book that has the first half dozen pages full of check marks, open to the first page and see if someone wrote the radio code in a blank at the top.

And check this thread. https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...adio-code.html

I called the dealer who said that I needed to reset my engine code or I would not be able to have an emissions test.
If the battery went dead and you have to get an emissions test done right away, it may not pass as monitors probably got reset to "not ready" or some such.

I have no idea why they would tell you this if you only asked about the radio code.
Wait, yes I do.