I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Locate ignition switch hardness

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yuipcheng is an unknown quantity at this point
Locate ignition switch hardness

Does anyone know how to locate the ignition switch hardness for a 2007 Civic Hybrid?

I took the cover under the steering wheel off, but there are too many harnesses and I don't know which one is the ignition switch hardness.

Some pointers will be great. I only know it should be a 7 pin hardness.
Old 11-15-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Locate ignition switch hardness

Originally Posted by yuipcheng
Does anyone know how to locate the ignition switch hardness for a 2007 Civic Hybrid?

I took the cover under the steering wheel off, but there are too many harnesses and I don't know which one is the ignition switch hardness.

Some pointers will be great. I only know it should be a 7 pin hardness.
You were right there. You were "this close". It was the connector that had all the big heavy wires in it.

What are you trying to connect to it?
You can find most of the ignition switch wiring connected at the dash fusebox too.

Steering column lock assembly shown below, the connector for the ignition switch slides into the plastic housing on the left.
Old 11-15-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yuipcheng is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
You were right there. You were "this close". It was the connector that had all the big heavy wires in it.

What are you trying to connect to it?
You can find most of the ignition switch wiring connected at the dash fusebox too.

Steering column lock assembly shown below, the connector for the ignition switch slides into the plastic housing on the left.

Thank you for reply. I took a picture of the big hunk of harnesses. See below please.
Name:  GM2vx.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  669 Bytes

I'm trying to install
CrimeStopper RS4-G4 CrimeStopper RS4-G4
with http://fortin.ca/download/7721/honda-sl3_installation_guide.rev-x.pdf bypass module. I have not installed any remote start before so I got this kit that includes everything hoping won't run into a dead end.

Now, I'm stuck on step 1 of the bypass module instruction. Here's what I figured out so far. The WIRING SCHEMATIC CONFIGURATIONS is Type 3. From the diagram, I need to find the 7-pin connector on the vehicle and connect the Yellow and Purple/White wires to it form the bypass module. The Yellow wire goes to the 2nd pin of the 7-pin connector and the Purple/White one goes to the 3rd pin.

My guess is that the brown one maybe the one I'm looking for, but it has 2 rows of pins so I'm afraid it's called 14-pin connector then.

I have a copy of wire chart of my vehicle and stating ignition 1 is Blue and ignition 2 is Red. But as you can see in my picture, there are many Blue and Red wires.
Old 11-16-2014

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Your pic looks like you are up under the dash at a junction block. You need to be in the steering column. Remove the column covers.

Problem 1) I don't see anything about the remote start kit being for a Hybrid Civic, only regular. You should contact the manufacturer directly and make sure it will work on your car.

On your link to http://fortin.ca/download ....

Page 3, type 3/4/5, the "7 pin connector" is talking about the immobilizer C.U. connector.
I can't tell which choice (3,4,or5), if any, matches the system used on the Hybrid.

My wire diagram says the connector shell is white on the Hybrid (other cars use green), it has real thin wires. It's on the right side of the steering column lock pictured my the previous post. There are 2 connectors on that end (you can only see one of them in the pic), one has 7 terminal openings (white), the other has only 6 openings (green).

Here's a pic of an immobi control unit from something Honda (googled images) so you can see where your connector should be located.. The round part wraps around the ignition cylinder.

HTH
Old 11-16-2014

Terminal wire layout of the 7 pin immobilizer c.u. connector on 06-08 Civic Hybrid:

1 - wht - VBU (power, hot at all times)
2 - yel - IG1
3 - lt grn - S-NET
4 - pnk - B-CAN
5 - lt blu - K-LINE
6 - pnk - IGN KEY SW (key-in reminder chime circuit)
7 - blk - GND

HTH