I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Stereo sound question

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beirute is an unknown quantity at this point
Stereo sound question

Hello, so I just recently replaced the stereo with another factory stereo in my 07 Civic EX and the sound is messed up. At volume 1 you cant hear anything and at volume 5 it is really loud. At 1-3 there is a really annoying pfffffffffffff sound in the background. So if I want to listen to the radio at a lower volume the sound is really annoying. Anyone know what the problem could be? Also the am/fm buttons dont work but if I hit CD the fm/am changes and if I press AUX the CD plays.

Would greatly appreciate some opinions on the problem.
Thanks
Old 06-08-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stereo sound question

I'll guess you didn't get an exact matching stereo. There are probably a half dozen different versions.

Compare part numbers on the units?

What was wrong with your original stereo?
Old 06-09-2014
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of lightTiggerDX is a glorious beacon of light

Sounds like you got a bad stereo. Even if is not the right one, several of those issues would not be present. Unless there is a reason you like the stock stereo, I would upgrade to an aftermarket unit. Even a cheap one will be better.
Old 06-09-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beirute is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ezone
I'll guess you didn't get an exact matching stereo. There are probably a half dozen different versions.

Compare part numbers on the units?

What was wrong with your original stereo?
The original stereo didn't read CD's.

Originally Posted by TiggerDX
Sounds like you got a bad stereo. Even if is not the right one, several of those issues would not be present. Unless there is a reason you like the stock stereo, I would upgrade to an aftermarket unit. Even a cheap one will be better.
Yeah I'm just going to buy an aftermarket one and the guys at the dealership will install it for free. Beats buying used stock stereos that will break lol.

Thanks for the replies.