I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Anyone have factory remote start?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
patm95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone have factory remote start?

Hi all,

Looks like I will probably get a '13 civic and thinking about getting a remote start system for it. I would preferably like to get the factory start as it seems like it is more straightforward to hook up. Does anyone have a OEM remote start and like it? Did you install it yourself? Was it a very difficult job to do?

I can't seem to find much info on it as to how it works compared to an aftermarket model.
Old 10-05-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone have factory remote start?

I put it in my 12LX, and I DIY'd it. It works as designed.
But then I do all the remote start installs at work too, so I already had a bit of experience doing it.

It is a very straightforward install, no splicing or cutting any wires, just run the new harness and plug in all the connectors like the instructions say.

Here's the install instructions: http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/AI/AII13053.pdf (From this site http://estore.honda.com/)

And here's the user manual: http://owners.honda.com/Linked-Conte...inestarter.pdf

You WILL have to get it to the dealer to program it (immobilizer) after installation, so call for price --- or maybe arrange programming as part of the deal before you buy it if you buy from your dealer, I have done this for customers.
(Last I knew, the car can still be driven normally without programming, just the remote start won't work until it has been done.)

It does not do some things the way people expect, the biggie most people don't understand is that it will not allow the car to continue running when any door is opened. You will have to restart the car with the key when you get in it. Read all of the user manual, it's all in there.

HTH
Old 10-06-2013
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
patm95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Anyone have factory remote start?

Thanks,

I'll take a look at those manuals. That's too bad that you have to take it to the dealer to get programmed, but hopefully it wouldn't cost that much.