I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2010 Honda Civic HU Suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrDoctorKovacic is an unknown quantity at this point
2010 Honda Civic HU Suggestion?

Hey guys, I'm new here. I hope this is the right Forum and all. Looks like a really good place for information.

Anyway, I'm looking to upgrade my 2010 Honda Civic LX's Head Unit and speakers. For the speakers I think I'm going to go with a polk audio or pioneer.

However, I heard that upgrading the deck / head unit / stereo will help with sound quality (which I hope is true). I also like the idea of some GPS / GUI touch screen with it.

Here is what I have to offer as of info and specifications:

1. I have about a 750$ budget

2. I would prefer keeping the factory look (possibly from EX or SI perhaps? I'm not sure what I'm talking about), as well as it being flush with the rest of the interior's color (a dark gray as shown).

3. A User Interface with Navigation / Touch screen

4. Anything that can output more then 40W x4 would be ideal as well. I rarely listen to music very loudly, I'm going more for SQ than a bass that knocks off your front mirror.

Thanks in advance for anything you can offer me, I know it's a bit specific but I hope I can get some expert recommendations for this.

Last edited by MrDoctorKovacic; 08-19-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-19-2013
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2010 Honda Civic HU Suggestion?

If your interested in a aftermarket GPS I would suggest looking here for a unit:

www.crutchfield.com

I'm partial to Alpine products.

For OEM you can find nav systems on eBay but I am not sure how compatible they are with none factory nav equipped models. Looks like you replace the whole cluster along with air vent and *****.
Old 08-20-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MrDoctorKovacic is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, great, thank you!
Old 08-21-2013
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Sell me your old headunit.