I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2013 EX-L w/ NAVI - Audio System Build

Old 04-16-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sonnie is an unknown quantity at this point
2013 EX-L w/ NAVI - Audio System Build

I am gathering information to begin my audio upgrade install in my new 2013 EX-L w/ NAVI.

I will keep the NAVI and add a front stage, amps, sub and processor.

I already have the JBL MS-8 in hand for the processor. I have one of these in my truck and really like it... does a great job since I am not that great at tuning on my own.

Front stage is going to be the Hertz Hi Energy HSK 165XL 2-Way Components, run active. I like these because I can mount the tweeters with very little modification... only trimming the tweeter cut-out slightly to get them to fit. I have the 3-way version of these in my truck and really like how they sound. Excellent mid-bass and very smooth highs. The mid-bass drivers may require some metal cutting, but it shouldn't be too bad.

I will have two JL Audio 10W6v3 subs in the rear firing back. My wife has one of these in her Lexus and it is phenomenal. I suspect two will be truly awesome.

I am still undecided at this moment on the amps, but leaning towards a pair of Alpine PDX-V9's... one for each sub (500 watts each), while bridging the other 4 channels on each one to handle the midbass and tweeters in an active setup... 200 watts to each speakers.

------------------------------------

I understand the EX-L Sedan has a powered head unit, so I will tap into the speaker leads from the front door speakers and tweeters to supply input to the MS-8, leaving the factory head unit to power the rear for rear fill.

------------------------------------

A few questions:

Does anyone know the response of the door speakers and are they sufficient for sending a full range signal to the MS-8 without the tweeter output being needed?

Where is the best place to tap for "Remote Power On" to the processor/amp?

Thanks!