I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

2012 IMBD lx, HF update, interesting

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norris is an unknown quantity at this point
2012 IMBD lx, HF update, interesting

I found this looking for updates for a TB for an odyssey today, and thought it was interesting. Potential hack mods etc.
I know I've seen some threads regarding backup cams, and those menus before.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled1.jpg
Views:	640
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	84915   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled2.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	84916  
Old 03-29-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 IMBD lx, HF update, interesting

I'm guessing you are a tech. Are you a Honda dealer tech?
What country are you in?

I just searched ISIS for 13-017, it isn't listed yet. (USA)
Old 03-29-2013
Registered!!

I'm a tech in Indiana, independent chain. I get a majority of the foreign cars through the facility. The release was from march 9th, most likely posted a few days after and ISIS most likely won't post it for a few months, alldata hasn't attached it to any vehicles. Posted under general Honda TSBs
Old 03-29-2013

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Now I DO remember seeing something about this a couple weeks ago because I asked if we got the USB drive for Civics along with the USB drives for the new Accord radio/navi updates.
Still can't locate the bulletin on ISIS at this point, which seems odd.
I got to check around at work, we still don't have the USB tool for this particular update.

Previous audio software updates were done with CDs. The USB drive method is all new stuff.
Old 03-30-2013
Registered!!

I got all excited when I saw the bulletin. flash drives for updates almost implies direct communication with modules without specialized adapters. There is no way it'll last.
Have you had any of the squeeky accord ball joints? We've had a few fail in big ways. Within a few days of that tsb.
Old 03-30-2013

Originally Posted by Norris
I got all excited when I saw the bulletin. flash drives for updates almost implies direct communication with modules without specialized adapters. There is no way it'll last.
It's only audio/navi updates on 13 Accord/Crosstour, and apparently the 12 Civic iMID at this point. I haven't noticed any others yet. Might spread to other items on the GA-net in some cars, but I doubt anything else since the rest of the systems are accessed by HDS on other communication networks.

Have you had any of the squeeky accord ball joints? We've had a few fail in big ways. Within a few days of that tsb.
Which one? Bulletin number and application please? (I hate the way they arrange this stuff in ISIS, no way to do a broad general search.)
08-12 Accord for clunks? No.
Have seen a couple 03-07 style that came apart and caused significant grief (not our customers).
Many pre 02 that squeak and/or have play now. Plenty of warnings and notes, rarely a sale.

The only way to locate a bulletin for something is to try to find one for that car specifically. Really sucks when you KNOW there was one and can't find it because "it doesn't apply to that year vehicle" or something, but it really does.
It's not like the olden days when everything was on paper and you could read and browse the book in your spare time. I used to remember/retain a whole lot more info back then.
Old 03-30-2013
Registered!!

I know I'm getting off topic now, potholes have taken a couple 2010s in the past few months that I can think of.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled4.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	84921  
Old 03-30-2013

Originally Posted by Norris
I know I'm getting off topic now, potholes have taken a couple 2010s in the past few months that I can think of.
That bulletin I have seen, but haven't had to do any yet. None have had that complaint in the shop that I'm aware of.

Our road crews dig the potholes out, flip them over and turn them into bumps.
Old 04-02-2013

Update: got a reply from someone at Honda..... the bulletin was removed from ISIS because of an error. Should be an updated bulletin posted to the Honda site in the next few days.