I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Different Radio Code Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
abawade is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Different Radio Code Problem

Hi, I am new here. Hope someone can help. How can I get my 2007 Civic SI to prompt me for a radio code? I have unhooked the battery and removed the acc/radio fuse (#35), but it never asked for the code when I turn the radio back on. The radio works, but some of the buttons do not. I have also noticed that in the balance/fader menu, my rear factory sub volume settings are not there anymore. It acts as though it has the type "A" radio for the LX, but it actually has the type "B" for the EX & Si. I think if I could reenter the code then maybe that would be corrected. If I hold 1&6 the display shows DIAG. It does not give me the serial number or ask for the code. I just had the clutch replaced and think the shop may have either entered a wrong code or a generic one.
Old 09-30-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Different Radio Code Problem

There is no alternate or limited function code, or whatever.
You can't get the serial number (1+6) unless the unit is locked.

Sounds like the radio just went stupid.

Disconnect the battery again (both cables), touch and connect the 2 battery cables together.
Wait 10 minutes.
Be sure the ignition key is OFF and out.
Reconnect the cables: positive first, then make one swift move to make the negative cable connection. (one single complete connection, not shaking and make/break the connection a bunch of times in the process.)

Microprocessor controlled components can be affected strangely by voltage fluctuations.

Hopefully this can be like a reboot of sorts.

1+6+ON should give the SN now.
You should need to enter the code now.
See if it is back to normal.

HTH
Old 10-03-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
abawade is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: Different Radio Code Problem

Well, that didn't work

Anyone have any other ideals.