I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Speed pulse wire (2006 GX)

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travis N. is an unknown quantity at this point
Speed pulse wire (2006 GX)

I'm installing a nav system on a 2006 Honda Civic GX (4 door). I've got the wires to the fuse box area. Where and what color is the speed pulse wire?
Old 06-21-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Speed pulse wire (2006 GX)

Originally Posted by Travis N.
I'm installing a nav system on a 2006 Honda Civic GX (4 door). I've got the wires to the fuse box area. Where and what color is the speed pulse wire?

It is a solid blue wire all the way. It is in fusebox terminals G5, E2, and D2, PCM terminal A29, C201 terminal 6 (maybe), C801 on the bottom of the fusebox, terminal 16.
You may need a good set of diagrams to find any of those.

Would probably be easier to describe the VSS signal location on the back of the stock radio and tap in there:

Connector A, which is 17 terminals, (closest to the drivers side)..... Pin #13, should be a solid blue wire. Near the middle of the connector, small terminals. Bottom row.

HTH
Old 06-21-2012
Registered!!

Thank you. After receiving a similar answer from someone else, I spliced into the radio harness.. but I may have spiced the wrong wire. Looking at the back of the harness, with the center purple center-down, I tapped the wire immediately to the left of the purple. Not having a diagram handy, could you confirm I taped the correct wire?

[Image removed]

Last edited by Travis N.; 06-22-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-21-2012

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

CanNOT confirm.
Connector configuration does not match what I have for the car you said.

Your wire colors do NOT match what I have for a GX.

GX runs on Compressed Natural Gas. Not gasoline.

Exactly what car do you have?

Year?
Letters? EX DX LX SI ?? ?
2 door or 4 door?
USA or Canada market? Or something different?

Last edited by ezone; 06-22-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old 06-22-2012

Nevermind.
Looked some more....

Wire colors on the bottom row seem to match for a 06 2 door EX or SI, but that blue wire where your arrow is looks like it should still be the right one...

The signal that the PCM makes for that wire might not be compatible with whatever toy you are trying to hook up. Just a thought.
Look on the makers website for install assistance, see if they have run into the same issues.
Old 06-22-2012
Registered!!

Thank you for your assistance, it was truly over and beyond. I'm working this third-hand and will update this thread if I get more information one way or another.

P.S. I removed the third-party photo so it didn't confuse the issue.
Old 06-22-2012

Originally Posted by Travis N.
third-party photo so it didn't confuse
No wonder it didn't match what you said the car was.