I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Sorry guys but ive got a weird code problem

Old 04-07-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dizzle428 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry guys but ive got a weird code problem

First of all, I would like to sincerely apologize for another forum being started on the same redundant topic. But I've ran out of all ends here and do not know what else to do.

Purchased an '07 Civic Ex 2dr, and the radio code needed to be entered. Got the code from the dealer i purchased the car from who got it from a bigger local HONDA dealership. I have tried to enter the code but it simply wont work. I know I am suppose to wait till it is clear and I have. But it still wont work. I have waited 24 hours before trying again, I have d/c the battery terminal from 5 mins to 24 hours and re-tried and the dam thing still wont work. today i opened up the dash and got the serial number and gave it to the dealer and they gave me back the same code with another one to try incase the first (same old code) code did not work. So OBVIOUSLY i tried the second code first considering ive been experimenting with the first one for the last 48 hours.... and guess what = STILL NO RADIO...

Fellas, What am i doing wrong here - Am i not suppose to simply enter the numbers of the code by selecting the preset numbers???

I hope someone out there can help a brother out this Easter weekend.

I have all the necessary info for this diagnosis to be achieved.

For ONCE - I'll give you guys the code if you guys can give me a solution -PLEASE

S/N 40115348
Code: 24564
2ND Code: 45335

SERIAL # on the inside of the RADIO: CLJFDE740115348

VIN: 2HGFG12897H555969

KUDOS TO THE FIRST MAN WHO SOLVES THE MYSTERY!!

-gREETINGS FROM THE wEST cOAST
Old 04-07-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sorry guys but ive got a weird code problem

Did you get the owners manual set?
Look in the thin blue booklet labeled "service history"
Look on the first page, it should be the PDI checklist and should have the radio code hand written in a blank at the top of the first page.
The thick owners manual has all the info about actually entering the code the proper way.

Return to the seller, IMO the seller owes you the radio code and a working unit.
Go to a dealer, have them figure this out.
Call the 1-800 customer assistance number in the owners manual. You should get your owners info updated anyway, so you can receive recall and warranty notices.

The Honda code site https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ will not work if your owners info is not current with Honda so call that 1-800 number and get it done. They can confirm your code and help you more.

Search this site for the radio code threads. There are many pages of whiners wanting unlocked radios, and a few posts in the middle of it with handy information in them that nobody bothered to read.

I can't even get radio codes from the Honda site in the off hours anymore, nor can I run VIN numbers for anything more than recall info.

Something else: Whomever the data entry help was that entered all those serial numbers and codes into the database at Honda was........didn't always get them right.
We have run into this before.
The sticker in the glovebox or on the card with the 5 digit code was correct, but the database was wrong.
Old 04-08-2012
Registered!!

dizzle428 is an unknown quantity at this point

No the car never came with the owners manual set. If i were to order one from honda online would it be the same exact copy as the one that should belong in this specific car??
Old 04-08-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

IIRC they are different for 2 and 4 door cars, but yes it should be the same.
I get PDF copies at the tech site and they are exactly the same as what is in the cars.

Have you checked ebay?

Call the 1-800 number and get your info updated, then you can use the Honda Ownerlink system https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?brand=honda

The 1-800 number is on this page http://automobiles.honda.com/informa...relations.aspx
Old 05-07-2012
Registered!!

jsantizo is an unknown quantity at this point

HELLO, I NEED YOUR HELP, I HAVE MY RADIO CODE AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO YOU CAN PROVIDE ME.
serial number 40024121
VIN 2HGFG12617H526254

jsantizolh@gmail.com