I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

Three switches on, but do nothing

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011
whfisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whfisher is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Three switches on, but do nothing

Just bought a used 2002 Civic. There are three buttons in a row under the stereo for air recirculation, air conditioning, and rear window defogging. All three light up when pushed, but do nothing. Too strange to be a coincidence. Fuses appear to be good. What's a guy to do?
Old 11-04-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: Three switches on, but do nothing

You're in the wrong forum. You need to be in the 7th gen forum.

Pull that panel and look for any loose connections or broken/burnt wires.

Also, download the service manual, do the self-diagnostic and see if you can get a DTC: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...e-updated.html
Old 11-04-2011
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Three switches on, but do nothing

the only one you can tell is the a/c if you listen for the fans to turn on outside the car. maybe the recirc too if you have the fan on max and push it, the air should start blowing harder after a few seconds. defrost is for the rear windshield and is silent.