I.C.E. (Audio) & Electrical Upgrades Post all your I.C.E. (In Car Entertainment) and wiring questions here (Audio, video etc.)

What Ipod's Work?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bkkc1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
What Ipod's Work?

I am going to pick up my 2012 EX-L on Tuesday and was wondering if anyone knew which Ipod will directly connect. Are there adapters to make sure they all fit?
Thanks
Old 08-21-2011
Trance Addict

MelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of lightMelJ is a glorious beacon of light
Re: What Ipod's Work?

I don't have an iPod, but I think most, if not all of them share the same port for connectivity. I think the earlier ones may have had a different one though. Not sure. We have a bunch of people here with iPods who will be able to point you in the right direction though. If you need to use the AUX port, many places sell those cords for cheap.
Old 08-21-2011
=)

iSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the roughiSharix is a jewel in the rough

You can use AUX cords, USB cords or that big hole ... you stick an adapter in there and plug the iPod in ... I can't for the life of me, remember what that big hole (cigarette lighter thing !?!) is called. X_X
Old 01-04-2012
Registered!!

nhimconde is an unknown quantity at this point

any current ipod will work.
I bought one of these from amazon, here is the link
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details
Old 01-04-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I was just digging around on the Honda site looking for this info and couldn't find it.

There have been compatibility issues with a couple iPOD versions in other cars. Most recent in the shop was a 12 CRV, and I have no idea which ipod unit they were trying to use. I couldn't even begin to tell you for sure what will or won't work on the USB, but the aux port in front of the shifter should work with all audio.

I own a 12 LX, I work at a dealer, and I'm too old to have an iPODthingy.
I haven't even plugged a CD in the radio yet.

/My lawn. You know the drill.
Old 01-05-2012
A true genius admits that he/she knows nothing.....CLOSED SAT/SUN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Gunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to allGunner is a name known to all

You hook it up using the USB cable for the 9th gens..if you Imid says its not supported then turn the car off and on with the ipod connected..if that still does not work reset the Ipod with it connected and the car on this seems to work for most..

also its said that scrolling through your songs on the Imid is laggy but take some bad with the good i gues..